Google Earth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummer

Reaction score
I just downloaded the latest version of it and WOW!:shock: Right now I am looking at Capetown South Africa and it is opening my eyes up a lot. I wish that I was able to focus on other areas of Africa (it would be neat to see a elephant from above!:yes:

I have already checked out my house, my mom's house and my inlaws house in Holland. It has shown us that we were looking in a different area in New Jersey than we wanted, so much is there! Then there are the National Geographic yellow boxes with pictures and a little info, I could spend A LOT of time on this one program!

If you do not have it, download the free version, after we move we will buy the one above it for $20 (can't wait for that!) but the free one is great!

Have it and love it. My husband uses it on his website to map our hiking trails.

See www.trailsearch.org and look under Kentucky at Boone County Cliffs map, you can input the coordinates from our GPS and make a copy of the trail.

I love that program; I can spend hours on it! My favorite feature is how you can input two points and it will "fly" you over the route. Has anyone tried Google SketchUp, the modeling program that you can use with it? You can put your models right into Google Earth! I'm working on my house right now:D.

I tried the Sketchup program but maybe I needed to read the instructions as I did not understand it!:ponder: I have been all over the globe. With the trip we just returned from, we (hubby and I only) went to Paris for 3 days and I put the little tacks all over where went to while there, even the hotel! Now I am checking out London, Scotland and Ireland for a future trip!

i downloaded that program months ago,and i love it,i also can spend a fair amount of time on that program,i love the idea that i can fly anywhere i want to and check things out:)

cheryl

What a neat program! But ummm.. is it just me or is a bit blury or does that just prove how far in the country I live? LOL! It shows my little town's roads but doesn't actually 'show' the town. :?

Yeah, there are some (I think alot) that are blurry, my mom lives on the side of a small mountain out on the side of nowhere and her place is also blurry. I hoping that that will not be a issue with the $20 version that we will be getting.

After reading this thread, I downloaded it...it's incredible!!

I checked out where we live, my daughter's school (both of which thrilled her to no end!), and even got to check out neighborhoods I grew up in (I grew up with my dad being in the Air Force, so we moved every couple years). It's so cool!!! :)

Thanks for posting that! :)

You can type an entire address in that text box. :)

There are some locations that don't come in well, and others that do. I don't know why, other than the fact that they possibly just didn't get a very good satellite image for that particular section. :(

Linz_1987 wrote:
Oh oh i downloaded it now! :D But when I look at my town its all blurry. How do I get to look at my house? do you just type the post code in somewhere?

Oh, you LUCKY DUCKY!! I've had travelling dreams all my life, and have never been able to carry any of them out. :)

I just downloaded the Sketchup program...I'll let you know what I think! :)

hummer wrote:
I tried the Sketchup program but maybe I needed to read the instructions as I did not understand it!:ponder: I have been all over the globe. With the trip we just returned from, we (hubby and I only) went to Paris for 3 days and I put the little tacks all over where went to while there, even the hotel! Now I am checking out London, Scotland and Ireland for a future trip!

Oh, I just read what I typed and of course it ended up saying something I did not mean it too! When I said that I had been all over the globe, I meant all over the globe with GoogleEarth! :blushan No, I have only been to the Netherlands and Paris and Versaille in France. I am not the globe trotting type of gal, it was my hubby's idea to go to France both times and next time (in 3 years) we go to Holland, I want to take a side trip to London, Ireland or Scotland. And when I think about it, I really don't want to go anywhere else. OH, I just thought, I have never checked out the Grand Canyon on GoogleEarth! I am off to do so! :wink:

Latest posts

Back