Goodbye Bunny Boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyChickenGirl

Reaction score
I’ve been putting making this thread off for about a week now. Dune passed away last Tuesday. I woke up to him gone and buried him before breakfast. We were so sure he was getting better because his eating habits were getting so close to back to normal (This thread), but I guess we were wrong. We buried him next to a large oak sapling in our field that we planted last year. I’m hoping that it grows tall and strong as a reminder of the beautiful thing that its roots will one day encompass.
I already miss him so much. I miss him deciding to lick me and demanding head pets while I was trying to sweep his pen, I miss him literally bouncing off the walls of his pen because it was time for pellets, and I miss his obsessive amount of dead bunny flops done just to traumatize me. No rabbit will ever be quite like him, Dune was one of a kind. He was my first rabbit and he tolerated me through so much. He was only 3 years old and the most heartbreaking thing is that I wish I could’ve had so much more time with him. I’ll see you in heaven someday my special little angel.IMG_0368.jpeg20210912_151536_Original.jpegIMG_1311.jpegIMG_1348.jpeg20220326_144637_Original.jpegIMG_1355.jpegIMG_1628.jpegIMG_1624.jpegIMG_1739.jpegIMG_2460.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been putting making this thread off for about a week now. Dune passed away last Tuesday. I woke up to him gone and buried him before breakfast. We were so sure he was getting better because his eating habits were getting so close to back to normal (This thread), but I guess we were wrong. We buried him next to a large oak sapling in our field that we planted last year. I’m hoping that it grows tall and strong as a reminder of the beautiful thing that its roots will one day encompass.
I already miss him so much. I miss him deciding to lick me and demanding head pets while I was trying to sweep his pen, I miss him literally bouncing off the walls of his pen because it was time for pellets, and I miss his obsessive amount of dead bunny flops done just to traumatize me. No rabbit will ever be quite like him, Dune was one of a kind. He was my first rabbit and he tolerated me through so much. He was only 3 years old and the most heartbreaking thing is that I wish I could’ve had so much more time with him. I’ll see you in heaven someday my special little angel.View attachment 65273View attachment 65274View attachment 65275View attachment 65276View attachment 65277View attachment 65278View attachment 65279View attachment 65280View attachment 65281View attachment 65282
I’m so sorry for your loss! Dune obvious was quite a character and loved all of his friends, cats and chicks and other buns! I realize you are going to miss him terribly and yes, 3 years is much too short. I understand your broken heart 💔 and the lonely times ahead!
No words can mend your heart but know that I care! 💞💓💔🤗🤗🙏🙏

Thank you everyone for the kind words. This community means so much to me because it’s somewhere I know I’m getting good advice on my bunnies’ care and as somewhere full of people who know what it means to truly love a rabbit, again, thank you.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. This community means so much to me because it’s somewhere I know I’m getting good advice on my bunnies’ care and as somewhere full of people who know what it means to truly love a rabbit, again, thank you.
You are so welcome CrazyChikenGirl and I just want to thank you for all what YOU are to rabbitsonline. Your words and so moving pictures filled my eyes with tears. I´m so, so, so sorry for your loss and boy do I understand how hard it is......

Latest posts

Back