Good thoughts please, Sky isn't right. Molar Spurs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
Sky was not right yesterday and today. Nothing major, he was/is lively, interested and stuff, but he hadn't eaten his overnighthay on Tueesday, nor Wednesday night, he ALWAYS eats his hay (he gets green timothy at nighttime, he always has other hay in there too, but timothy is his favourite). He didn't show much interest in his pellets, but wolfed down some basil, apple and banana. He did also eat some pellets later. I got a new bale of hay on Monday and since he first had it (Tuesday), he has been like this. He is eating that hay though.

His poos are good sized and all good, so he's not stasis-ised (if that's a word).

He is currently moutling pretty heavily, so he could just be feeling rather rubbish, he is certainly not acting ill, I just know he is 'not right', or else his habits have changed.

I figure if he has spurs I can get the vet to check when he has his jab on Tuesday, and if he gets bad go in before then. It could be he is crabby from his moult, or he just prefers the fresh bale so much he is eating more of it (he does seem to be eating more of it than normal) which is filling him up and stopping his hunger for pellets.

He has a pellet slurry incase it is spurs, he's eaten some basil and apple today, but didn't touch his pellets for 8 hours, when he normally would. I'm a bit confused and can't quite figure it out. So yes, good vibes please that I am just worrying, and he is ok :) This would be an awful time of year for something to happen to him. I know I don't deserve the good thoughts and vibes, but he does, because he is a stunner.

I do hope sky is ok if it was spurs sky would be driblling i wouldn't worry to much as long as his eatting and as your going to the vets any way it wont hurt to get him checked to put your mind at rest:)

shelly

xx

Sunshine only dribbled when he couldn't not (if that makes sense), and the first time he didn't dribble at all. If it is spurs its very early on. But yes, I will be getting him checked out, even though I'm probably just over vigilant, lol.

Thanks for the reply :)

Flashy wrote:
Sunshine only dribbled when he couldn't not (if that makes sense), and the first time he didn't dribble at all. If it is spurs its very early on. But yes, I will be getting him checked out, even though I'm probably just over vigilant, lol.

Thanks for the reply :)

you can never be to over vigilant when it comes to a beloved animal let me know how you get on

shelly

xx

I will do, thanks :)

I don't know if you have heard of them, but I have just started going to the 'Orwell Veterinary Group', and they are TERRIFIC! And they pretty decent fee wise, Instead of charging me £18 for 23 vaccinations (£414) they are charging me £300 for the lot. And, the plus is, they really know what they are talking about, Charles especially.

I don't know who you use as a vet, but if you don't have a good one, these might be worth considering (and say I recommended you and we both get 10% off the nexxt visit, I think)

thats the vets i recomend when i home kits Charles is very good my mate told me about him i may well go there next time another of my mates had her dog done at the vets i use and he didn't wake up :tears2:so i may not go back there

shelly

xx

That sucks :( I had to find another vets because mine contributed to the death of two buns (it could easily be the same one actually).

They are good at the OG and they have opened a new surgery near the McDonald's near Nacton road which is more accessible, to me at least. I don't know which is nearer to you, that or Berner's St.

My buns seem to always go through this during a heavy molt. Guess they don't like putting up withmouthand facefulls of hair, either. ;)

They seem to know what's good for them. Pipp hardly every eats hay but she will eat a lot of pumpkin when she's molting. (I also give her diluted carrot and apple juice).

All buns are different, but she ONLY eats pellets when her spurs are acting up.

sas :bunnydance:

How is Sky now..Tracey?

Jack did the same thing more or less two weeks ago....he wouldn't touch any pellets at all...i thought he was sick,but he ate everything else i gave him....he just didn't feel like eating his pellets....but he was fine the next day,he started eating his pellets again.

Thinking of you and Sky

Cheryl

Thanks for asking Cheryl.

He is a bit sparkier today. He was lively yesterday, but more grumpy. It could be many things, I don't know. It could be his moult, he's been going on and off since he was neutered, it could be maybe teeth, I just don't know.

Pipp, Sunshine stopped eating his pellets with his spurs, he would only eat fresh foods, maybe it depends on where the spurs are. I'm thinking you could be right about being crappy from his moult.

He turned his nose up at the pellet slurry and this morning I dumped it down the loo,lol, talk about disgusting!

Not good. Sky has done three poos in 12 hours :(

I've done my first trick which is to put him in another buns cage, because that often makes bunnies poo. He will get some exercise in a bit, which also normally makes them poo.

He's got to be ok.

Thank GOD for Dawn (or, thank Sky, it's down to him, lol). I put Sky in Dawn's cage and left him to it and 20 mins later I went up and there were about 50 poos in Dawn's cage. Dawn will go mental, but I'm relieved!

LOL! Pipp is the same way, whenever I need her to poop, I just put her in front of another bunny's door and voila!

I wish you guys could get canned pumpkin over there. Wet fibre. It really can be a wonder drug.

Hope Sky is back to normal soon!

sas :clover:

I wish we could too. It's a helpful trick,isnt it, to know what makes them poo.

He's done about another 50 or so down hereand they are all good sized and not joined with hair, so that's a good thing.Plus he's eatne most of my basil supply :O and some apple.

He looks good. Maybe he is manipulating me.

Latest posts

Back