Good News!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahri22

Reaction score
After my darling Little Hoppy Hoppy died Iwasn't sure I wanted another rabbit for awhile...it just hurt toomuch!! I still miss him heaps...but over the past couple of weeks I'vejust been hankering for a bunny!!! I asked my husband, and he wasinitially not too keen on the idea... LHH used to chew the cords of hislaptop computer whenever he set it up in the living room and alsochewed holes in his jeans...

Anyway, I promised him the new bun won't be chewing his cords anymore,even if it means I have to get some tubing for his cords and put it onevery time he sets up his computer!!

Finally, after I'd mentioned the bunny idea oh...about a milliontimes...and he'd kept saying "no", he finally said, "You know, you willbe getting a bunny don't you??" YAY!!! Of course, he won't tell me WHENI'm allowed to get it...grrr.... I'm hoping next fortnight after payday!

Gosh I must make it sound like my husband's a big bully and I can't doanything without his consent :) He's not really...just not a "Pet"person as he puts it (although he's usually nice to the pets I'vegot)...I am a pet person, so whether he likes it or not he'll probablyalways be surrounded by varying numbers of furry friends!!!

Anyway, I have been looking into getting NIC type panels to make ahutch, but with no success... I know someone here said you could getthem from Big W, and I read somewhere else that Bunning's sellsomething similar, but I had absolutely NO luck when I searched theother day!! In fact, no one I asked seem to have any clue what Iwanted!!!

I'm starting to think I'll -gasp- have to actually build a hutchmyself!! We have a horrid metal thing at the moment. Poor LHH used tospend his nights in it, but his days inside with us. I always wantedsomething better for him, but it was always a case of One Day...but forhim, that day never came :( I vowed that when I got another bun itwould have a home of luxury!!

The new bun may have to tolerate the old hutch for a little while,depending on how long it takes me to make something better...but I canat least make it more comfortable for when the bun's inside it! I hadno idea before visiting this forum how much wire bottoms can irritatebunnies' feet...no wonder LHH used to sleep in his litter tray when hewasn't in his house! (Which had a nice soft sofa cover thing he used tosleep on).

Anyway, I am quite excited!! I can't wait to get another bun :) I knowso much more about keeping buns now than I did before I joined theforum, and have so many more ideas for bunny fun! Just wish I'd foundthis place before I lost my LHH...

Fiona

:elephant::bunnydance::colors::great::yes::jumpforjoy::party0002:

I was hoping you'd get another bunny. :)

Maybe somebody from your neighbourhood here might know where there'ssome NIC panels. Meanwhile, check out the CagesOnly thread (in Photo Philes and Bunny 101 I think) for ideas if youneed to. :)

Congrats! Will be watching for updates.

sas

I have found some adorable Cashmere Lops, and amseriously thinking of getting one... Just gotta convince my husbandthat I need one sooner rather than later!!

Here is what she's showed me so far...

YAYYYYY!!!!! :D:D:D:D

That's wonderful news!!

I know what you mean...I clear getting new furbabies through my hubby,too. I understand what you mean. No, my hubby isn'tan "animal person" but I do hear him talking rather like I do to thebunnies and the kitties...so he can't TRULY claim to not be an "animalperson". Hehe!! But, when you're a team, you've gotto decide on things TOGETHER...and I understand that...because me andmy husband are a team, too. :)

Anyway, WONDERFUL NEWS!!! :D:D:D:D

I can't wait to hear all about your new baby...:D

I know the feeling. Let's not go into what it tool to be able to keep Elvis. :?

Things are working out well! My husband agreedto go and look at the bunnies on the weekend of the 24/25 of March, soI emailed the seller to ask if that's all right. Well, turns out she'llbe busy that weekend because she's got a show on the 24th that's in mytown!!

Initially I was going to have to travel over an hour to see her, but itmay be that I don't have to travel at all!! It sort of seemed as if itwas meant to be :)

Also, I drew up a rough plan of a rabbit house I wanted to build andshowed it to my husband. I then said all he has to do is cut some woodfor me and I'll put it together...and he said, "What and spoil all mywoodworking fun??" So he's basically said he'll put it together (withmy help, of course), which I wasn't sure he'd do as he doesn't wantanother bunny!

As for him not being a pet person...well, I remember when one of mycats had cat flu and wasn't doing too well. We kept her separated fromthe other cats in a spare room, had the heater on to keep her warm etc.The first night my husband actually spent the night in the room withher to keep her company :) So, he says he's not a pet person...but hecan be very nice to the pets!! He's also quite fond of at least one ofour cats... He just wasn't raised to have animals as pets (grew up on afarm), whereas I was raised in a home where pets were important(sometimes I think my parents thought about their dogs before theythought about me and my sister!!).

He usually just objects to getting MORE pets as he thinks we have enough (never enough, I say!!)

Fiona

OMG I love the white one in the top row, however they are all really cute.

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunny19:bunnyheart

My husband is an animal lover just we have ALOT. In a one bedroom apartment.

They are all gorgeous, aren't they??? I lovedthe first one, he looks so grumpy and cute!! I am leaning towards thebottom right bunny...

I asked my husband last night to pick his favourites and he said the white one and the one I picked...

Of course, I want to meet them because then I'll have a much betteridea of their personalities and quirks :) She also has atleast one more male bunny I haven't seen, and some does as well. I toldher I preferred a male, but I'm quite happy to get a female if onereally takes my fancy!!

Latest posts

Back