Good News For Mr. Bun Bun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SablePoint

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't remember/never heard about Mr. Bun Bun's testicular problem, I'll shorten the story. For almost 2 years he had a weird issue where one of his testicles was continuing to grow so large it dragged the ground and the other one was inside him(I assume that's where it went).

Well, even according to this vet, she said it was testicular cancer. They gave him his exam and they said he was healthy enough for a neuter. But because of his age they said he would have a 1% chance of dying through surgery. It might of just been only 1% but I was so scared. But they said he should be fine. They said if the testicles are not removed it's going to end up killing him cause they keep growing larger(the large testicle on Bun Bun was almost the size of a tennis ball). I couldn't stand seeing Bun Bun suffer anymore anyways - with nervous tears in my eyes, I went ahead and took the risk and had him get the surgery.

Thank heavens Mr. Bun Bun came out alive and well! But he was so drowsy, it scared the hell outta me. He wouldn't move or anything just sleep. I could barely sleep cause he would sleep in the "bun" position but would just fall over like a dead rabbit. But now he is alot better and he's even humping his stuffed animal again. lol Still the same Bun Bun, but I have noticed that he hasn't really showed any interest in the other rabbit(who's cage sits right beside his) - which is rather strange since Bun Bun's obsessed with him.

I might just get Rocko neutered aswell sometime soon. He sprays so much! Even in his cage - it still flies all over the furniture!:pssd: Most dominant bunny I've ever owned - and he's still a baby!

I'd like to ask a quick question too - I know that rabbits can't vomit, but do they ever get nauseous? Just wondering if Bun Bun feels nauseous.
Thanks!

It takes a few days for them to start really feeling themselves. Encourage him to eat, hay and greens especially, and make sure that he is drinking. Offer him some cilantro as it will help move any gas. Did they offer him any pain killers. Male rabbits don't suffer as much as females, but do to his age, he may be in more pain than a younger rabbit. Just try and keep him quiet, no running or jumping for the at least few days, better a week. Lots of luck. Glad it turned out well. Most have been very scary for you. Was it cancer and if so what are they going to do for a follow up?

Yay! Great job getting that done! The size of a tennis ball, that's crazy o_O

I've heard some vets say that rabbits can feel nauseous (When one vet was talking about the later stages of kidney failure, she related it to a feeling like that), what's making you think he feels that way?

"Was it cancer and if so what are they going to do for a follow up?"
^That's what the vet said when she saw his testicles, but inorder to clarify it she said it would require blood tests and other stuff that could cost a few hundred dollars. They said the best way to save him because of his age, is to have Bun Bun neutered. I didn't hear them say anything about a follow up.

"what's making you think he feels that way?"
^Because I know that anesthesia can make you nauseous when you wake up.

Back