Good Books

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holtzchick

Reaction score
I've recently read Gone Girl, which I thought was fantastic by the way, and the hunger games series (I hope they didn't butcher the movie as I have not seen it yet)... I'm looking for a book to read today and would love some good titles thrown at me. I will pretty much read anything and I know you all have a good taste in books so I trust your recommendations! :)

Thanks!

Some of my faves:

Watership Down by Richard Adams
I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
Crimson Petal and the White by Michael Faber
Beach Music by Pat Conroy
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Just so you know, I tend to really like exciting young adult novels (Hunger Games is a perfect example) so that's what you can expect from me for the most part.

The Book Thief by Markuz Zusak
If you have ANY kind of interest in World War 2 or just a novel that is written in a very interesting way, I HIGHLY recommend this.

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong

Divergent by Veronica Roth (If you liked Hunger Games, you'll probably like this)

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

The Enemy by Charlie Higson (Graphic gory zombie alert)

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Eon by Alison Goodman

I have more recommendations, so if you like some of these let me know so I have a better idea what to recommend.

I can second Lisa's recommendation of "The Historian". I like that book.
I mostly read non-fiction, boring theory stuff....

Let's see if there's anything on my bookshelf up here that's different....all I've got is Stone Butch Blues, and a couple of books on spoken word poetry....the rest is theory.

Watership Down, The Outsiders, Death of a Salesman. If you want to read some awesome nonfiction, read Born to Run, infinitely interesting. I'm about to read Nim Chimpsky: The Chimp Who Could Be Human.

My daughter is reading The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life (Chopra, Deepak). She loves it.

I'm stuck on the couch and in terrible pain (possibly due to a pinched nerve) and am reading the Atlas of Pathophysiology (Lippincott).

Latest posts

Back