Gonna be getting a bird

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwarf_Angel04

Reaction score
I know this is a bit early LOL! I'm gonna begetting a blue crowned conure in about 2 or 3 months. I've been lookingheavily into nice medium sizes cages and have found what I want. I planon getting a male but as far as names I'm clueless at this point!

This is the breed of bird I'm planning on getting so the appearance mayhave a play on ideas. I don't want it to have a usual name like Tweetyetc.

~*~Amanda~*~

All ideas welcome!

So jealous!!!!!!!! All my husband hasbeen talking about is getting another Conure (my Nanday died yearsago). I really like the Sun Conures -- available for a cool$500 :(

Pam

Sun Conures are pretty but quite loud! I couldhave gotton one of those in a heart beat! However, I decided to go withsomething that uses it's brain a bit more. Also, these guys arekindahard to find.. kinda like Dwarf Hotots ;)I'mgetting mine from a breeder in Jackson Michigan. ;)They are$550 from there... so spend $50 more dollars and get a bird with onelevel less on the loud obnoxious side. ;)I've done lots ofresearch on the conures and have only found I like the Blue Crowned forvocabulary purposes. My aunt has one and talked to me for 2 hours aboutthem LOL! She was informing me of how she messed up on raising her birdand wants me to NOT make the same mistakes. She let anyone hold herbird enough people who were afriad of the beak. Now her bird will onlylet her pick him up. :?Trust me.. if I get one, he's MY babyLOL!

I had a Nanday as well

We named him Sinbad. :) He loved to dance whenever we whistled the theme from Popeye. :)

How about a Pirate name of some sort?

HenryMorgan
EdwardTeach, "BlackBeard"
FrancisDrake
JohnRackham, "Calico Jack"
AnneBonney & Mary Read
WilliamKidd

On a fun note, here's a quiz you can take to find outYOURpirate name!

a WOW list of lots of names in different categories!

LOL....here's my pirate name:

Your pirate name is:
Dirty Mary Vane

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not toget rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You tendto blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, becauseit's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way.Arr!

Thanks for the ideas. We just had a bird talkwith our Schwans man LOL! He said one customer has a Macaw and theowners buy him mini pizzas that he eats. Well, every time the Schwan'sman walks in their house, the Macaw goes "There's the pizza man! PizzaMan! It's the Pizza Man!" The macaw he was talking about sings anddances to Popeye Sailor Man at the same time. I'd love to have a Macawor Cockatoo. But I just don't have the money or room for them LOL! ABlue Crowned Conure is enough on the pocket book for me. :?

I'm so excited for you! I love birds! I know ofacouple great bird message boards you could go to. PM me ifyou want the links :D

Megan

Congrats! I used to have a parakeet and acockatiel. Both were evil, lol. We ended up selling the cockatielbecause he got so mean we couldn't even take him out anymore, and myparakeet died from egg binding about a year or sobefore that.I wish you better luck than what we had!

~Nichole

Loved the pirate names -- This is so totally me . . .

Dread Pirate Vane

Like the famous Dread Pirate Roberts, you have a keen head for how tomake a profit. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, butthat's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people anddisembowel them that way. Arr!

Pam :cool:
flag.gif

Like the famous Dread Pirate Roberts, you have a keen head for how tomake a profit. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, butthat's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people anddisembowel them that way. Arr!

I have a ring necked dove and a cockatiel now. Mycockatiel is to the point I can't take him out of the cage either!Thats why my aunt is taking my cockatiel and I'm getting a conure. :)

ariel wrote:
Look at that birds amazing eye!!!!!!!!!!
I've never seen anything like it

I never really payed too much attention to the eye. LOL! I was goingfor the temperment, size, and ability to talk. I honestly don't have a'thing' with eye's but you couldn't tell that with therabbitsI raise. Now, a bird with an 'eyeband' too LOL!

I gotta keep myself to waiting 2 or 3 months for abird like this. It's sodarn hard tho! LOL!

We have 3 birds. I always havetrouble finding names for my pets. Good luck. Incase you're interested, here are the names: Alex (Alexandrineparakeet), Sonni (cockatiel), and Devon (budgie) and of course Cinnamonthe "President of the Good Bunny Club" (I can be so corny when it comesto my animals, lol).

Bird Talk is a great magazine. I am also inthe middle of the book The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill, and theauthor talks about blue headed conures a lot.

Good luck!

My pirate name is Dirty Anne Rackham

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not toget rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You havethe good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronouncedRACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for apirate. Arr!

My pirate name is
Dirty Ethel Rackham

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not toget rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You havethe good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronouncedRACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for apirate. Arr

Heheh, that was pretty funny.

pamnock wrote:
Sojealous!!!!!!!! All my husband has been talking about isgetting another Conure (my Nanday died years ago). I reallylike the Sun Conures -- available for a cool $500 :(

Pam

Hey Pam,

I just saw this message from one of my conureboards

I have 2 sun conure babies left. They have been hand raised and are
ready to go. There should be more eggs soon. $250 each. Email Karen
at Azcwby89 at aol.com for more information or to come look at the
babies. I am located in Phoenix, AZ.

Megan

Latest posts

Back