Going on vacation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepperGrl

Reaction score
My husband and I are going to Texas to visitfamily. We leave this afternoon and he gets back on Wednesdaybut I'm staying until the 11th for an anniversary party. Thisis the first time I will be leaving my buns for more than a day and I'ma little scared. We have a friend coming by everyday to checkon them and he's very trustworthy. Last night he came by andI showed him how to clean litter boxes, give salads, and told him aboutplay time. I feel confident that he will take care of them...I just get worried that if something goes wrong, he won't know what todo. I've tried to do a lot of research on rabbits and joinedthis forum to learn as much as I can and be prepared for anything thathappens. It is so hard to try and give someone a crash courseon rabbits. I just hope that nothing goes wrong. Itis hard to enjoyvacation when you are worried about your petsbeing ok. Well, thanks for listening to myrambling. I will miss everyone and know that I will have lotsto catch up on when I return.

Bye for now,

~ Jamie

Give him a call every couple days to see how everybun is doing...will help ease your mind!

Have a good trip!

Definitely check up, but it sounds like yourfriend is very willing to learn very quickly and is eager to help youout! I'm sure he will let you know right away if anythinghappens. I went away for a week, and my friend took wonderfulcare of Bunny! And I was as worried as you. Don'tworry, relax, and have a great vacation!!!

-k

Let him know about this forum, and if he has any questions, have him post us.

Last summer I came home from vacation and there were two bunnies herefor me to baby sit. The owners left a list and somefood. The bunnies were from 2 differentfriends, so we had to keep themseparated. Talk about a crashcourse. However that got me hooked on bunnies.

Rainbows! :)

P.S. Have a good time!

Thanks for all of the encouragement and tips...I do feel a little better and I definitely will be calling to checkin. I also gavehim the number to the vet and I willgive him the info for this forum too. We leave in about 30minutes so I'm excited. I'm giving my buns one last romp andkisses goodbye. Thanks again everyone. Talk to youall in about 12 days :D

~ Jamie

I can understand your fears, we are going away for a couple of days inabout 2 weeks time and I will have to get a family member tocome and feed our babies, we have Bindy, fish, 2 dogs and our daughterhas 2 ratties.

I worry if Bindy will be ok without the usual noise we make whilst weare away it'll be so quiet for her etc, but I'm sure iffamily come round and feed her she will be ok.

What I am going to do is leave out all the bunny food etc on the tablewith a note on how much to give etc and also leaving our vets numberfor work hours and after hours , that way there is no delay with thingsas a "just in case".

Might be a good idea for you to do as well to help ease your mind a bitand that way there can be no confusion as to how much hay and pelletsor greens etc to give and having a vets number handy is comfort initself I think.

Goodluck and hey enjoy your trip :D

Latest posts

Back