GOING NUTS! Rabbit is insane

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maskedburito

Reaction score
Soo basically I cannot handle all my rabbits affection. He has driven me to insanity. Yes my rabbit is not neutered (completely different story). And I know my bunnys horny behaviour and this isnt it. I let him run around and I sit on the couch doing homework. He constantly jumps up and sits on my lap and running all over me making his goose noises. He will not leave me alone unless he is in my face being pet with both hands. soon as i stop he freaks out and bugs me for more pets. I appreciate the affection but I need to do my work sometimes. I constantly turn him around and try to get him stop and after about 15 minutes of me pushing him away and him jumping back he goes away sits down. Then one minute later freaks out runs at me and jumps up again. I CANNOT GET ANYTHING DONE. He refuses to be not on my lap. No matter how many times i push him off or put him on the ground he keeps jumping back.

If I were you, I'd feel extremely flattered. But if you need to do your work without him bothering you, then try getting a pen for him to play in while you do your work. That's the only thing I can think of.

uh...this is a problem?..u got urself a bunny that everybody wants...everybody wants to cuddle and luv their bunny but most want nothing to do with us...whats ur secret?....tell me tell me..:)

maskedburito wrote:
Soo basically I cannot handle all my rabbits affection. He has driven me to insanity. Yes my rabbit is not neutered (completely different story). And I know my bunnys horny behaviour and this isnt it. I let him run around and I sit on the couch doing homework. He constantly jumps up and sits on my lap and running all over me making his goose noises. He will not leave me alone unless he is in my face being pet with both hands. soon as i stop he freaks out and bugs me for more pets. I appreciate the affection but I need to do my work sometimes. I constantly turn him around and try to get him stop and after about 15 minutes of me pushing him away and him jumping back he goes away sits down. Then one minute later freaks out runs at me and jumps up again. I CANNOT GET ANYTHING DONE. He refuses to be not on my lap. No matter how many times i push him off or put him on the ground he keeps jumping back.
animal attraction,,it has to do with smell,-hormones-,believe it or not,,-the rabbit-is- saying you are his,,ok.??-he does sleep,,but that is during the day time,,try working behind closed doors,..i have many rabbits but only one which is attatched to me,,like another arm,..sincerely james waller :wink

I have a dog like this, she is adorable but she is always right next to me or looking up at me with love! It is nice, she's great, but it gets annoying! If I sit down she'll come sit on my lap, that's fine, but if I don't keep petting her she'll lick my face til I do. :) My other dogs do their own thing and play, but she is people obsessed.

I'd love if my rabbits were as friendly as yours too. I'd suggest maybe a pen too, or when you don't want the rabbit on your lap then give him lots of toys to play with? Or some lettuce to munch on?

Sounds like someone needs to be neutered. That really helps with the obsessive behavior in some males. We have two females that were a lot like that too. Bonnie would attack my wife if I was in the room because I was hers and hers alone. Then there is Serena, the lap bunny. She will lay on you if you're on the floor and loves to sit in your lap and get a petting. When she was neutered, I began to worry as the vet hadn't called. When I called them, the tech told me she was still groggy and not moving, I've got her on my lap just petting her. When I told her about Serena's preferences, she put her down on the floor and then told me "You were right" you can come get her now. Most of our don't like to be held and will tolerate being picked up just barely, but, there are exceptions.

You are your rabbits only companion. If your feeling bored you can go out and hang with your friends - he doesn't have that option - you are his only friend. Rabbits would naturally spend something like 6 hours a day in physical contact with each other. If you are unable to be his social companion for that amount of time the best option in to neuter and get him a rabbit friend to share the time with :)

Latest posts

Back