glucosamine dosage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PamsWarren

Reaction score
Hi all.

Does anyone know the glucosamine dosage for a 1.95kg rabbit or know where I can find this information? I would like to put Fuzz on glucosamine (with my vet's blessing, of course), but we do not know the dosage. Fuzz is a 12yo neutered male. He has glaucoma and chronic molar issues, for which he is currently on daily metacam. He still gets around pretty well, but I've noticed that his back legs are becoming a bit shakey.

Thanks to anyone who can help. :)

I could not find it from Dr. Chark's drug dosage calculator for rabbits, one of my essential online tools.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Bone_diseases/Osteo/arthritis.htm
This webpage says to use "the feline dose" but doesn't say how much their rabbit weighs.

Most drugs' dosages are written in mg/kg, meaning that you give a certain amount per kilo of the animal's body weight. You could scale a dog or cat dosage that way. I am sure there is information out there on what a rabbit can tolerate in terms of mg/kg, but finding it may not be easy.

You can also use Nutrical senior with glucosamine. It has worked absolute wonders for our arthritic dog. A pea sized amount would be good for a rabbit.

Latest posts

Back