Gizmo goes on Monday for his "boy bunny operation"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's HOme!!!!

We have been home about 10 mins , I have checked out his nasty spot andhe is even eating pellets!! What a good bunny he is!, hasn't drankanything yet,well not tat I have seen yet but is only early, but I willkeep an eye on him, he seems ok, I am so relieved.

It's nice to have him home again!! ****phew***

Will post again later.
Off to go sit with Gizzie and eat my lunch;)

Thankyou all, Gizmo seems to be fineso far, he has eaten but I haven't seen him drink yet, dunno wether hehas and I haven't seen or what. He seems to be ok in the smaller housealthough I am worried that maybe he should be in his own home.

I will see how he goes tonight wether I move him to his house or leavehim where he is, he is in the same room as the girls where he normallylives but in a smaller house not in his side of the condo. No poopiesas yet, (part of me doesn't want to move him to his house till hepoops). Anyway eating is a good sign so far anyway.:jumpforjoy:

He is on no pain meds, but if we need anything we just have to call, hegoes back in 10days time to have his stitches out and if we needanything for him in the meantime we just have to call the vet.:phone:

Here are a couple of pics I just took, Gizzie was even stretching to reach the camera:foreheadsmack:

Yes can I help you? Stop looking at me I am fine!
100_1788.jpg

MMMM I got some yummy hay here
100_1797.jpg

I'm trying to eat here, do you mind??
100_1796.jpg

Go Gizmo :bunnydance: Go Gizmo :bunnydance: Go Gizmo

Glad to read in the PM that he's eating now.

Smart to check out his wound. You want to make sure that each day itlooks a little bit better. Redness and swelling is what you want towatch out for.

Did someone mention to you that it's a good idea to replace litter withnewspaper if he uses a litterbox? Don't want anything to get stuckthere.

Now I know he'll be okay because he's back in your loving care.

-Carolyn

We were posting at the same time, so I didn't see the pictures.

What a Sweet, Brave, Strong, Beautiful Boy he is.

Poopin will happen. Don't worry about him not being in his other cage.It's wise to keep him restricted. Don't know if the anesthesia is stilleffecting him, but you definitely don't want him jumping around toomuch. In my opinion, since he's eating and he looks alert and okay, I'dleave him where he was for now. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

I'm glad he's not on pain meds at the moment. :) If tomorrow, you seehim hunched up and if his teeth chatter, then when you call your vet,ask him/her what their opinion is for giving him some baby aspirin. Itoftentimes does take the edge off the pain.

I know you'll sleep tonight as last night was a wash for you to settle down.

-Carolyn

I just went to check on him again before I go out for a bit, I am sure he's sick of me checking on him LOL
And well there are poopies in there!!!!! 15 of them!!! Wohoooo, he pooped:jumpforjoy:
Now I can relax a bit more!! Looks like he has tried drinking cause there is spilled water on the paper near his water dish.

I will definately check him and make sure he is ok for pain wise, Ihave seen what a bunny looks like when they are in pain so I know whatto look for, when I have lunch tomorrow I will come home from work andcheck him also.

Oh we have poopies!!!!

I even called Brett to tell him and he said "see, Jim is a good vet and you better post on the foum that he pooped" LOL

100_1800.jpg

100_1802.jpg

:jumpforjoy::jumpforjoy::jumpforjoy: What a :star: is our Gizzie!!!!

Only on a rabbit forum are we glad and not disgusted by poop posted on the forum. :?;)

Glad to hear things are well! I'm already nervous about the prospect of Zoey getting Fixed next spring... lol.

ariel,

it is so good to hear that gizmo did fine,im so happy for the littlefella,and i also know how much of a reliefe it is when you see themeating and drinking and pooping.it is a good sign:)

I just hate it when the reception people givethe wrong instructions. A lot of times it is their own ignorance andthe doctor is fine,however it plants distrust in a pet owner and itsgood that youtalked to the vet. I've never had problems with a neuterbut I've always had a vet that I really trusted. My males have alwaysrecovered really quickly. Let us know how your bun is.

Disregard my last post I'm glad Giz is doing sowell. I didn't read the 2nd page and thought the surgery was tomorrow.I had a horrible day with Joey shell-shocked from a fight with Peewee.Please pardon me.

As BunnyMommy would've said, "Power to the Poop! :muscleman:"

Sleep tight, My Friend! :sleep:

-Carolyn

How's our patient doing today? Does he seem to be in pain or everything's a go?

-Carolyn

Well Gizzie seems to be doing fine, hehas gone potty both ways now which is good. He looks fine this morning,sitting up , walking around and generally soaking up all the extralovins' he's getting.

Thankyou everyone for the wishes and support!
He goes back on the 15th to have his stitches out and we have to keephim seperate for 3 weeks, so on the 26th he can be reunited with hisfriends!! Hopefully it'll go ok.

So far he's doing great! And like I said he is loving all the extraattention, tonight I will let him out for a play for half hour and seehow he goes, I keep thinking if he comes out to play he may not betempted to pull at his stitches. His stitches look good today, no redyukkies and he is using newspaper instead of WoodyPet for the timebeing.

So all is well here in Oz so far!

Once again Thankyou for your support!!:thanks::bouquet:

Ariel, I'm not sure how I missed thisbut I am so happy that Gizz is home eating, drinking, peeing andpooping for you. That is so awesome. Way to go Gizzie.

Since he's loving the extra attention give that brave and strong little man a kiss for me.

Tina

YAY that Gizmo is doing good AND pooping!!!

________
Nadia

Gizzie is out for a play at the moment and he is walking and hopping fine.
His sore spot is looking good, no redness and he has been eating , drinking etc all fine.

I came home and checked him at lunch and all was well, so that's good.

So here's hoping he continues to do well.
Off to go sit with him again.

Thankyou everyone for your words, support and thoughts!!

You guys are the best!!!

Latest posts

Back