Giants r us!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone...I'm 4 months on to having flemish giants...I've got a thing about liking big animals and wanted bunnies the same.
I started with 3 litter mates living in a playhouse..2 boys and a girl..they were all spayed at 4 months.Sadly 2 pair bonded after this and turned on their brother for some reason.So I have had to rehome Genzi and he now has a guinea pig he lives with in a playhouse.
Mizla and Hobi live in a playhouse in the garden with access to the garden.
So I'm at the beginning of our journey, they are now 6 months old...love investigating tunnels and doing zoomies...I never tire of watching them.

Congratulations on your bunnies! Bunny watching is becoming a favourite of mine too - love watching him explore!

Congratulations on your bunnies! Bunny watching is becoming a favourite of mine too - love watching him explore!
I've been surprised how quickly they respond to their names to come for treats. Or to go in for the night.Now for the party tricks! LOL.x

I've been surprised how quickly they respond to their names to come for treats. Or to go in for the night.Now for the party tricks! LOL.x
I was surprised as well how quickly mine jumped into his new home. I love watching him periscope and figure things out. Also his reaction when I do something he likes - it's pure joy like 'Oh, I LOVE this!' I made adjustments to his cage yesterday with a new litter pan and hanging hay feeder - he's absolutely delighted with the changes.

I was surprised as well how quickly mine jumped into his new home. I love watching him periscope and figure things out. Also his reaction when I do something he likes - it's pure joy like 'Oh, I LOVE this!' I made adjustments to his cage yesterday with a new litter pan and hanging hay feeder - he's absolutely delighted with the changes.
Yes I've had a change round today too as I think it's a learning thing getting things right.I have had 3 large litter trays on the floor of the hut which they use all the time but I've recently noticed more droppings out of the boxes.I hadn't realised that if Mizla sits in the widthways then her but hangs over the side.
So I have taken them out and put the base of a large cage in to use which is much better.
I also ordered a hammock yesterday.Hobi has managed to find a way to get above the material ceiling cover.So...when I can't see him he's usually just relaxing between the fabric and the wood.I'm going to hang a hammock to see if he's interested.

Yes I've had a change round today too as I think it's a learning thing getting things right.I have had 3 large litter trays on the floor of the hut which they use all the time but I've recently noticed more droppings out of the boxes.I hadn't realised that if Mizla sits in the widthways then her but hangs over the side.
So I have taken them out and put the base of a large cage in to use which is much better.
I also ordered a hammock yesterday.Hobi has managed to find a way to get above the material ceiling cover.So...when I can't see him he's usually just relaxing between the fabric and the wood.I'm going to hang a hammock to see if he's interested.
Mine seems to be happy that the litter pan is in there - but still uses the entire cage as a litter pan, which is fine with me as long as that's where he urinates. It gets cleaned daily so as long as it's easy to clean and the bunny uses it that's all that matters! He does seem happy with the hanging feeding system as well. It's a win!

Latest posts

Back