GI Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

Yup! Tucker's intestinal system has slowed down again. Even with the pineapple each week and daily grooming.

At least now I know what I'm in for and what to do, so I'm not as panicky, but I'm just so disgusted.

I think it could be as a result of a few things. 1) The weather hasbeen bizarre here in New England. One day, it's 68 degrees, the nextday, it's snowing...literally. 2) Since he's the one that does most ofthe grooming for Fauna, I think he's taking in the fur. I do brush themall daily, but Tucker's poops have been small since Cali arrived andtoday they stopped. As soon as I gave him a full round of treatment, hepooped. 3) Cali's arrival on the scene could be stressing him out andhis immune system is down. 4) He is molting, but you'd think the brushwould get most of it.

Whatever the case, what a drag. :?

We'll get through it. I don't think it's as serious as his last roundof it, but I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be life with mylittle Mon. As cool as he is, he definitely stresses easily.

Don't feel badly for us. I just wanted to remind you all to keep an eyeon your rabbit's stools. They're the best indicator of their health.

-Carolyn

Poor Tucker! I am glad to hear it isn't serious,I know how upset you were the last time around. I love rabbits todeath, but it's really hard to have a pet that gets stressed so easily.I have been keeping a watchful eye on Lorraine as she is molting rightnow. I just hope myself and everyone else is lucky enough not to gothrough the heartbreak of GI Stasis.

~Nichole

Darn it! I'm keeping my fingers crossedthat he passes through this quickly. We're going through thesame thing here, with sick people as well as some sluggish bunny guts.

Pam

I'm sorry to hear that Carolyn. Hopefully he'll recovery quickly!! I'll say a prayer for poor Tucker.

Lanna

Geez...That makesme nervous. I know I don't watch Sebastian's poo's like you do yourbunnies. I just don't make the time. I'm doing well to make sure allthe kids are still breathing at the end of the day!:shock:I'll keep brushing, keep feeding hay and keep hopinghe's a tough bunny with a good poop shoot! Keep me up to date onTucks.

Raspberry

Thank you, My Friends. :)

Tucks doesn't seem in pain and is eating. I knew I was in trouble theday before yesterday because he was pooping cecotropes a lot. Today, nopoops until I gave him the canned pumpkin, fresh pineapple juice,papaya pill, and NutriCal.

Gave some fresh pineapple and canned pumpkin to the girls too, Faunaand Cali. Fauna's intestinal system seems quite resilient of the virus.I literally Thanked God when Cali enjoyed the canned pumpkin andthe pineapple. I couldn't imagine trying to force-feed her. :shock:

Pam, I'll say a prayer that this too shall pass for you and yours.

-Carolyn

Oh no! Well I'm glad that he's eating and that your other buns are doing well. I hope he gets better fast!

Oh no! Not my baby Tucker!

Mocha, Spice, and myself send the best of wishes to you and will pray he is ok!

BUMMER!!! Brice and Stormy too???

Dogarnit!

Let's Do It, and Get It Done, Gabby and Pamnock.

As the pirates say: "Arrrrgggh" :X

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
BUMMER!!! Brice and Stormy too???

Dogarnit!

Let's Do It, and Get It Done, Gabby and Pamnock.

As the pirates say: "Arrrrgggh" :X

-Carolyn
they get it when they molt.. generally 2times a year every year.. they are not there yet but i'm always readyas they are starting to molt......

Poor lil buns :(

Insert get well icon with card'n' flowers here ----->

Much love and bunny hugs

Cher, Jezebel and Jaden

Oh jeez, not again! At least this time you arewell prepared and able to take action early. I am sure that everythingwill turn out fine. But still, what a drag, for all parties involved!

Back