GI Stasis Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peg, I read this rather quickly - what does your vet say about possible underlying problems? (Thinking about all the things mentioned in Dana Krempels' article here...)

Just a quick update here....still no poops..

BUT..

Miss Pow Wow is eating cilantro and parsley (she doesn't care for the green leaf lettuce) and she did nibble on a carrot too. She also (joy of joy) - started eating...

HAY!

She is also drinking a bit of the water w/ apple juice...

So I think we're on our way out of the crisis. I even caught her looking at her food bowl and nosing around in it too...

Peg

I just found one small misshappen poop.

I almost want to frame it - but I tossed it so I can keep track of how much she's pooping...

Still yet - we've got one....WOO HOO!

Peg

Thats brill Peg, she might be eating them as they come out even though they are not cecals, Boo was def. doing that we caught her at it a few times .

And thanks i will get some infacol

Just as a short update - WE HAVE poops.

Not much - but four or five small ones (really small for her) and then one slightly larger misshappen one which looks like it had some hair in it...

She's continuing to eat and drink some (not as much as I'd like) and doesn't look like she's hurting...so I'm looking forward to seeing more poops soon.

Aw, I just read the whole thread. I am glad Pow Wow is getting better. :D

Probably my last update - we're up to about a dozen poops. I made her pen a bit smaller and then put Riley (you'd have to see the post about the new rabbit in Lionhead land to know about him) in a pen next to her so she isn't so far away from rabbits. Normally I'd quarantine him better but I'm out of quarantine space....

He keeps trying to stand up on his hind legs and get her attention and she's like, 'That was my space before you stole it..'

I think if she's feeling good enough to be ornery..she's feeling a bit better!

Peg

Latest posts

Back