GI Stasis in storm

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It feels full not hard if that makes any sense.

Not hard like yesterday and earlier today. Like if I over eat at golden corral. He is moving around his pin I put a small bowl of pumkin he ate that right up guess he likes that to.

I am going to let him chill do I need to syring feed water any more today.

Or can I see how he does over night

Wehave poo but he is not eating his parsley tho.:ponder:

Still a little less but mabye by 5 or 10 which could be do to the fact he has not has any pellets in two days. So can I go back to normal with him or give him a day or two to make sure. Its been two days sense I have known.

it might be better to go to the vet and have him x-rayed. If gas is showing up or food in his stomach you will know what you are dealing with.
In the meantime continue with fluids, pineapple juice, water, pedialyte and also hayand pumpkin
I think it best today that you do go to the vet ..

Idealt with this awhile back and by the time i got to the vet the rabbit was well-hydrated and did not have gas and the vet could see the poops forming in the intestines

soI did feel better but he thought whatI had done had prevented a fullblown case of stasis.

Yes we just got back no blockage his intetent are moving normal. He said.

And yes I problaly did have a case of stasis on my hands he said cause it looks like he had a very small gas bubble still. And told me to continue with the treat for 48 hours more.

Well you can feel like I did
Ifelt good that my bun didn't have stasis
sort of bad thatI spent the money to go to the vet

but good thatI was able to catch it and treat it myself before it develloped into a nightmare....
which is what you have done :)

I thought I replied to this before...

Anyway, I'm glad you took him. It's always good to have a professional's opinion. I hope he continues to improve with the simethicone!

He i still not eating his Parsley. Not really sure why. Do some buns not like parsley i think he has become really picky. I bopught a huge box of timothy hay today and two other kind so he has many different hays now.

He is eating everything else again. Still no pellets I put those in his cage and he cant jump yet from his nueter.

Ok so the parsley what ever it is he wont eat it.

So I took him to the vet yesterday afternoon to make sure I could stop the treatment He said we are all clear. I have not added pellets back yet I am scared it willl send him back ina downwered spiral.

But I need to soon he loves his new room and lept me and hubby up all night long.

But he is ok and pretty much bacl to normal and normal poops also.

If he wasn't a big parsley fan before then I wouldn't worry about it.

I would still be making sure that he gets a lot of fluids although he seems better and as long as he is eating hay and everything else (except parsley) I think that you can go ahead and offer pellets again

just make sure that you give a limited amt;you don't want him to be eating pellets instead of hay

Back