GI Stasis bunny what should I do with him

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I luv bunnies

Reaction score
I have a male runt Netherland dwarf that I have had for 2 years and he got gi stasis that isn’t too bad luckily but it still has effected him a lot. I took him to the vet yesterday and I’m going on vacation in 4 days and I’m so worried about my bunny. My brothers girlfriend always babysits my rabbits and she said she could bring him to her house so she can have an eye on him. I’m worried that he will be scared being with a whole different household and I don’t want his stasis to be worse but I don’t want him to be dying and for my brothers girlfriend to not notice because she won’t be here with him for long enough to notice. What should I do? Please help.

If your bun is still being medicated and syringe fed for the GI stasis, that usually requires regular syringe feeds every 4-6 hours, so your bun would either need to be checked that often, or stay with the caretaker. If your bun does better staying in his own space and she can come often enough to check on him and take care of him, that may be best.

But if she can't properly monitor his recovery and eating, with him not being in the same house with her, then he may need to go with her. It all depends on being able to properly monitor his recovery, how comfortable he feels with this caretaker, and how well he can adjust to being in a new space.

If your bun is still being medicated and syringe fed for the GI stasis, that usually requires regular syringe feeds every 4-6 hours, so your bun would either need to be checked that often, or stay with the caretaker. If your bun does better staying in his own space and she can come often enough to check on him and take care of him, that may be best.

But if she can't properly monitor his recovery and eating, with him not being in the same house with her, then he may need to go with her. It all depends on being able to properly monitor his recovery, how comfortable he feels with this caretaker, and how well he can adjust to being in a new space.
Thank you so much this helps so much. :)

Latest posts

Back