Gi stadis idk help please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LazerFace

Reaction score
Charlie was dooing fine yesterday but today he wasnt eating and tonight he started pushing hus stomach to the floor... Me and my mom force fed him some critical care and he seemed "fine" until he suddentlug lays his stomach flat but then he jumps up and starts playinh again... We are feeding him again in 4 hours and if he is syill not eating tomorrow we will bring him yo the vet but its closed now... Any tips or help? Im really scared!

He might have blockage of some sort. If you notice he starts to remain still for long periods of time or is gritting his teeth very loudly, you should probably take him to a vet. I’m not sure how long blockages take to clear but feeding him veggies with lots of protein. Also make sure he stays hydrated during this time.

When GI stress is suspected, it's a good idea to give the bunny some simethicone (baby gas drops). This helps alleviate the pain which is often enough to get them eating on their own again (after a couple/few doses).

It actually is not advised to force feed a rabbit if GI stasis is suspected. If there truly is a gut impaction, then force feeding can actually make things worse.

Here's further info:
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

Last edited:
Did you get him to the vet today? The vet should give you a pain medicine like metacam and something like metoclopromide to help get his gut moving again, in addition to determining whether or not he's got a blockage. I hope he's doing ok!

Latest posts

Back