Getting to that time of year...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. For the past few years I've spent 9/11 as a quiet day at home.

I was here in New York City on 9/11/01. I started my firstTechnical Design job in the city on 8/27/01, so I had only been workinghere for two weeks. The whole day was very surreal.It felt like Bruce Willis or Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to come inany minute and save us.

There were so many people in a panic, I didn't know what would benext. Two of my co-workers and I were walking uptown to giveblood when the crowd rushed toward us screaming about a carbomb. It turned out to be a hoax, but it was the only time Ihad ever been scared that I would never see Scott again.

I spent the afternoon sitting in Herald Square park with a co-workerfrom Hoboken. They had locked down the city so we couldn'tget over to Jersey because there were no trains, buses or ferriesrunning and the only vehicles allowed over the bridges were emergencyvehicles. When we heard that the ferries were running againwe took one to Hoboken. I will never forget the awful sightof people on the ferry covered in dust and black smoke filling theskyline downtown where the World Trade Center used to be. Notto mention the smell that lingered for the following weeks.It was the most horrific thing I have ever seen.

I stayed at my friend's place in Hoboken until Scott came to pick me uparound 11:30 that night. I finally got home around 2:00 AM,very, very thankful that I got home.

Stupid terrorists. They thought they could break us. Instead they made us stronger!:USA::wink:

Latest posts

Back