Getting rabbit used to his new hutch!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephmabel

Reaction score
Hey guys.:wave:
So my 7 month old rabbit has lived indoors pretty much since he was born. He's been in a cage and I would let him out to run around the apartment for about 4 hours a day. I just moved back in with my parents and they built him a nice big hutch to put in the backyard, since I can't really have him running around the house because there's dogs here. I plan on bringing him outside during the day and putting him inside at night. The hutch is big and he has plenty of room to run and exercise!

Now, here's the problem... Today I brought him outside for the first time and the poor little thing is scared out of his mind! The noises of "nature" have him freaked out and he's kind of just sitting in the corner scared. At first he was loving it and running around but then he heard a bird chirping and freaked out and has been scared since!

Is there anything I can do to get him more used to being outside as opposed to being inside all the time? I don't want him to live his life scared all day! He is very safe. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back