Getting new Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine will be a Red eyed white, and I plan to get a buck, I will name him Roger, the lady who I am getting him from does meat rabbits, so kinda like saving one lol, she said her doe is 1 week preggers and she always has lots of boys, so I get first choice at a baby yay, then the rest will be food :(

Well then, he'll be the luckiest bun in the litter.

I have 2 7 week old Flemish giants that I've already had for almost 4 weeks (bad breeder). I'm loving them, such sweet buns! I also have a checkered/flemish mix who is not sweet, but has a fun personally anyway.

The breeder giving me him when he is 4 weeks old so she can separate him from the meat rabbits, and fatting the others up :/ so he will be tiny when I get him, Ill post so many pics as he grows up

Is there any way to talk her into keeping him with the litter for a couple more weeks?

I got mine at three weeks old, and they did ok. I tried greens with them, because I couldn't be sure they were eating enough pellets and they didn't eat much hay, but the greens always resulted in soft poo. By 4 weeks, I knew they were eating well enough on the pellets so I stopped worrying. They only get pellets, hay, and grass.

They're 7 weeks old today(ish) and about three lbs each (poppy was 10 oz and hazel was 12 oz when I got them), so I think we did ok.

Good luck with your little (big) guy, and don't forget those pictures!

At 4weeks they on a high fatty diet for the meat ones, and she doesnt want mine eating it if its going to be a pet, so she gives pet ones at 4weeks, other wise she will mistake him as a meat one and he will end up being food.

Hey guys I got my new bunny but didn't get a red eyed white instead I got a pure bred Flemish white with blue eyes :) he is 6weeks old and so sweet still named him Roger, he was really dirty when I got him so I had to give him a bath which he liked lol he wasn't scared at all.

How cute! I see a bunnings seagrass mat under there :p Bandit has pretty much destroyed his first one, it's rather misshapen and tattered. I bought 3 more the other day but with the decrease in price they seem to have decreased the quality/thickness of them too. Nevermind. Roger looks so innocent in that pic where he's sitting in his litter box. Whenever Bandit wants to look innocent he grabs a piece of hay and starts munching!

Roger is settling in nicely he is very much enjoying his cuddles and always comes up for pats :) will post more soon of him as well as my baby Storm my mini lop

Latest posts

Back