getting my female spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
she has gotten more and more agressive. i dont hold this against her, and i might be going near HER stuff.....:shock::D
but before the bites only broke the skin lightly but recently, well they break the skin v. badly so i have to wear gloves...... that did not work... 2 pairs of gloves just left some marks of teeth......
. she has been through alot in the past 3 months.
moving home....(well coming to me)
settling in.
chocolatre attacking her, so chocolate was retured.
joesph franis bonding and loving her.
him leaving for the bridge as she watched him be sicker.
eyore bonding.
eyore being separated because of sex/breeding rearing its head.
her going through puberty.
getting raped by eyore.:shock:
being a mummy bunny
being a grieving bunny...:(
being a depressed, confused hormone fulled bunny.

so i descided to ring the vet today not next month.
the till, answer the phone pewrson said 44 pounds, and said to strave her. before the op.
but i calmly said no, and all the facts i know about that.
then she said sorry. then i asked about pain meds. she turned around and said caramel.(the rabbit) did not need them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock::X:twitch::pssd:
then i was nearly shouting!!!!!
but i calmed down and said i was sorry.
so she said it was ok and i should be worried.
i want to go to another vet.
my mum booked it with the vets above.....
i had eyore done here.......
she got me on the phone with a rabbit vet who said the reseoponenist did not know much.....:) but the pain meds are given there and then, and i dont need to cum for more.
but i will ask about post op loom up.

so...... is that right?????????????
i got flashys advice printed and learnt off by heart........
but....................................................
should i get her spayed so soon after her tramitic life so far??????:?

You definitely need pain relief after. Those injections don't last long, and she will be in considerable pain for a good few days.

It's up to you when to et her spayed, but it sounds like you know it's in her and your best interests to get her done asap, which is fair enough. I would probably make the same decision.

I am surprised there are still vets out there that advice starving the rabbit before the operation

Yes, you need medicine to take home. They give a pain med shot after surgery, but that only lasts a few hours and she will be very sore for several days. Also the fasting before surgery is very wrong. This may not be the best vet--but make sure you have the information 100% correct. Oftentimes the receptionist doesn't know the different procedures for a rabbit and just quotes the dog/cat procedures. If the vet says no take home pain meds and fast the night before, he doesn't know modern rabbit medicine and I'd go somewhere else. The receptionist could just be confused.

tonyshuman wrote:
Yes, you need medicine to take home. They give a pain med shot after surgery, but that only lasts a few hours and she will be very sore for several days. Also the fasting before surgery is very wrong. This may not be the best vet--but make sure you have the information 100% correct. Oftentimes the receptionist doesn't know the different procedures for a rabbit and just quotes the dog/cat procedures. If the vet says no take home pain meds and fast the night before, he doesn't know modern rabbit medicine and I'd go somewhere else. The receptionist could just be confused.

right ok. i guess the resepioninst did not know that much about rabbits.

i got on to the vet. (in a nice way) but i dont think he will listen to a little 13yr old girl who says these things,............

i will look further in to and ring up and ask more about after surgery pain meds to take home or bring her back for.

i hope there is a post op. cheack up. must add that to the list of asking ......

Latest posts

Back