GETTING ALONG

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnalee52

Reaction score
I HAVE 2 FEMALE RABBITS THAT CAN'T SEEM TO GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER.

NO MATTER WHAT WE DO, EVERYTIME THEY'RE OUT AT THE SAME TIME IT TAKES ABOUT 2 SECONDS FOR A FIGHT TO BREAK OUT.

WE TRIED TO INTRODUCE THEM ON NEUTRAL TERRITORY...A FIGHT BROKE OUT.

NO MATTER WHERE OR WHEN, IF THEY CAN GET AT EACH OTHER, IT'S A FREE FOR ALL, AND NEITHER WILL GIVE AN INCH.

WE'D LOVE TO HAVE THEM BOTH RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE, OR THE BACK YARDAT THE SAME TIME, IN FACT WE GOT THE SECOND ONE AS A COMPANION, BUTTHEY HATE EACH OTHER, SO WE HAVE TO KEEP ONE IN THE CAGE WHENEVER THEOTHER IS OUT. (EVEN THEN THEY GO TO THE OTHER ONES CAGE AND FIGHTBETWEEN THE CAGE BARS)

ANY IDEAS? MY HUSBAND HAS JUST ABOUT GIVEN UP TRYING, HE SAID HE'S GOT ENOUGH SCARS ON HIS HANDS FROM GETTING IN BETWEEN THEM.

THEY'RE BOTH SPAYED.

ANY IDEAS?

The thing with introducing two rabbits toeachother is that its all trial and error, sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't. I'm afraid if your bunnies dont like eachotherthey never will. Your best bet is to let one out a time. Buns are verydominant creatures. I'm sorry to hear your buns don't get along.Rabbits that usually get along the most are males and females, then,females and females, then males and males. Even then, the males andfemales dont always get along.

Thanks.

I'd sure love for them to get along, or at least not try to kill each other.

Maybe part of it is that they have two completely different personalities.

Raisin, our first rabbit, has a, "leave me alone, don't touch me, I'll touch you...if I feel like it" attitude.

Thumper, our second, jumps up on the couch to sit with you, and would let you pet her for hours if you wanted.

Welcome Donnalee52,

I have nothing to add from what MyBunnyLovesMe advised; I just wanted to say hello.

Bluebird must've misread your note that it was females rather than males, but she makes an important point as well.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back