germs,disease in bunny poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
lol i have a question, whenever i handle, or pick up bunny poo i wash my hands. So my 1 1/2 year old son comes over today and was saying "gack,gack" and had his mouth open , so i get him to spit it oue into my hand and there is one of Sooty's:litterhealthy: poops:vomit:. i am grossed out,lol, yesterday he ate a pellet from the cage that got out, i am ok with the pellet but the poop i am nauses about. Could he get sick? do rabbits have anything that he can get, if he is eating his poop, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as funny as this is, it is icky.lol

Yuck!!!

I don't know if there's any thing bad in bunny poop. I would instictively say yes. It's poop. I'm sure there are germs in it, but I don't know if there bad germs. I'm not sure. I'd say if you see any signs of a cold take him in to the docotors. People and rabbits can get colds from each other, so i don't kno.

-TK

Double Yuck!!

I suppose if you notice anything different about him, take him to the doctor's?

TK Bunnies wrote:
Yuck!!!

. I'm not sure. I'd say if you see any signs of a cold take him in to the docotors. People and rabbits can get colds from each other, so i don't kno.

-TK
roflmao , i can see it now i will take him to the doctor and tell them that his diet includes bunny pellets, and bunny poo , and when i get home i will have DHS at my door,lol:biggrin2:

Ahhh, hahahaha! That is hilarious. If I had a child and he did that, I would have to take a picture for a scrapbook to show him in his later years, as funny as it sounds!

Anyway, I am not sure that it would harm him. I highly doubt it would though.

It doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on my dog....she eats "bunnie beans" every chance she gets. However, she drinks out of the toilet, too.
Needless to say....she's not allowed to give me kisses under any circumstances.

:vomit:

Eeeewww! My dog eats rabbit poop on a daily basis, even though he thinks he is human, he isn't. ( shhh, don't tell him)
I'm sure there is something not good for humans in bunny poop. Coccidia...but in humans would be Giardia. ( a nasty little parasite) and there are warnings for pregnant and auto immune persons to take extra care when handling rabbit poop due to Toxoplasmis ( I think that's the illness) .

So now your son is a 'poopy-head'? :biggrin2:

Oh, and when DHS shows up at the door, have prepared some nice bunny poo dishes and just tell them it was a regular custom where you're from.

~Sealy

You know something like 80% of children ingest some sort of animal feces by the age of 10. ;)

JimD wrote:
It doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on my dog....she eats "bunnie beans" every chance she gets. However, she drinks out of the toilet, too.
Needless to say....she's not allowed to give me kisses under any circumstances.

Oh Jim! Bunny Bean Doggie Kisses never hurt nobody! Don't go hatin on the dog :p

ha you all crack me up, i have a beagle who will eat anything, and i do mean anything, but he draws the line at bunny beans. i wanted to die the day i seen him put one in his mouth and then spit it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the dog eats poopy diapers, and crotches out of clothes , but he wont lower himself to eat bunny poo!!!!!!!! :shock: :biggrin2:

NZminilops, you're not the only one! I mean, rabbits only eat grass, veges and hay, how bad could it be? They eat their own poo too....maybe the little boy wanted to find out why? I really don't think it could be all that bad. Dog poo is different because they eat meat and that's where you'd really find heaps of germs and parasites. :nod

My dogs love the bunny poo as well. They also love eachother's poo. I still give in kisses. It's gross, but I love them.

We just took our two dogs to the vet today for their check up. We came out $650 later with 2 vaccines each, dewormers (tape worms) antibiotics for Shadow's ears and diet food for Shadow. Poor girl needs to lose at least 10 pounds. Needless to say she'll still be supplimenting with cocoa puffs.

This also reminds me of one time when I was volunteering at the shelter. This lady and her maybe 4 year old daughter were looking at the bunnies when the little girl exclaimed, "Look Mommy, cocoa puffs!" "Mommy" was very concerned.

Latest posts

Back