Georgie's wound is now healing (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I am too.. it seems minor, but I've been worried sick, especially early this week about what 'ifs' if it didn't heal, got infected, abscessed, all that nasty stuff. Still a bit worried, but it seems to be healing normally so that's good.

When do you think I'd be able to resolve this and know it's definitely healed and healthy? Have to hold my breath every time I check it in case I look and there's something huge and nasty waiting for me, but so far it's getting better by the day thankfully.

He's about halfway through his antibiotics, his last dose is Friday morning. Then that would be 20 doses over the 10 days.

Still looks the same.. looks like a healthy coloured scab. Skin also is moving towards normal colour more and more by the day.

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o460/SpringBunnies/Georgie/?action=view&current=Spet27001.jpg

And a nicer picture of my boy..

Spet27002.jpg

Wow! He looks so much better! Mine have had cuts that are the size that Georgies is now and they've healed up completely within a couple of days or so.... Let's hope he's the same! :)

And awwwww he's soooo cute :inlove:

Just wanted to post saying it's looking even better today, still has a nice scab and the area seems healthy. No swelling or weeping or anything, looking really nice! It's completely closed by the scab, no open parts and seems to be healing well.

When would be the max time something like an abcess could pop up? Could it be down the road if there ispoison in the wound goes funky after it's fully healed? Or not likely once the scab heals off and the new skin and fur are back?

Thanks for the article! Yeah, I think we'll be alright. The times the wound was exposed, it had always been clean, not inflamed or angry looking. Then if there is an infection that arises, he seems healthy, so think his immune system is good and plus the Baytril will help just in case too. Abscess's in general with rabbits just freak me out a bit, heard some bad stories with them..so can't help worrying when there's a slim possibility.

Alls looking good though, so I think it'll heal with out a problem!

Thought I would mark this as resolved since it's pretty well healed, just have to wait for the scab to naturally fall off, then it's all healed and nice skin around the bite and can see where's it's already started to flake off is looking awesome.

Will take a picture tomorrow just to show the healing in a week and two days. Very happy with how quickly it did.

Latest posts

Back