George is a daddy (at Zin's place)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
As many of you know....George is spending some time at Zin's place because he's such a nice buck...

DSCN2576.jpg

In addition, Gabby is spending time there and was bred to George....

DSCN3618.jpg

[align=center]Well.....tonight Gabby gave birth to
[/align]
[align=center]14 babies!
[/align]
[align=center]Reveille gave birth to
[/align][align=center]12 babies!

[/align][align=left]
[/align]
From what I understand - Zin bred four more does to him too...

George's thoughts on the whole thing??

DSCN2578.jpg

Congratulations George.

Peg, I'm so confused:?, I thought George was at your place and fathered Gracie's babies. I can't keep track of his Bunny-Man-Hood. LOL

Susan:?

SOOOSKA wrote:
Congratulations George.

Peg, I'm so confused:?, I thought George was at your place and fathered Gracie's babies. I can't keep track of his Bunny-Man-Hood. LOL

Susan:?
Susan,

George was here (along with Gabby) and fathered Gracie's babies.

I think it was July 4th or something like that when Zin and I met up and she took George and Gabby back to her place.

We did this for a couple of reasons. George is an outstanding buck and he would bring "fresh blood" into her lines. She wasn't sure that she would breed Gabby or not - if Gabby was nice she thought she might breed her and once again - bring some fresh blood into her bloodlines (which can be really good for breeding).

Part of the reason George & Gabby went to Zin's was not just for breeding - but because our air conditioning was out and by taking these two rabbits - two more rabbits were able to move out of the hot garage and into a cooler area.

This turned out to be fortunate too for George's sake because Zin kept saying, "I'm telling you - he's too quiet to be acting like a Cali...". Turns out....he had sludge in his bladder...and she got him treated for it. (I paid for his care since technically he's mine).

Since discovering he had sludge - I've switched my brand of food to something with about 1/2 of the calcium in it.....and started filtering the water. Zeus gets bottled water now - Ori will be getting bottled water when he gets here.

Anyway - that's how George (and Gabby) made it to Zin's....and they've really had outstanding care.....

Well - another update.

Marie Antionette had 13 babies today -

Zin is still waiting on Cadence, Reveille's sister (and Marie's daughter), 2 unproven does, and another doe that has not produced well before .... so the number could definitely go up.

And George? I don't think he cares.....

Wow 14 babies! Gabby has her paws full! George certainly has been a busy guy! He should be glad he isn't the one nursing and taking care of all those babies!

Got any pics yet?

TinysMom wrote:
And George? I don't think he cares.....

Of course not. He's already "done" the only part he cares about, LOL. He just makes 'em, he doesn't raise 'em.

I think I've met a couple of human guys like that, actually.... :p

ilovetoeatchocolate wrote:
:pleaseplease::time: And where are our pictures???

Shannon
i agree!

Latest posts

Back