Gentics question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorbyJobRabbits

Reaction score
Soo... a question for all you genetics people out there. In a set of cages I have the roof pops up and exposes all 4 cages at once. Well 30 days ago during a storm the wind blew the lid up. Two rabbits escaped, and my wonderful black magpie buck decided to visit my black fuzzy lop. It was decided later that day at a 'second' breeding I would breed her with who I had origionally wanted to, a Broken sable point buck..... I just found 3 kits with her. Two kits appear solid black. And the third kit is a Black magpie. Obviously we know who the father is to that one.... My question is, what is the chance the 2 blacks were fathered by the sable point instead of the harlequin?

It can happen that a litter has two fathers. You'll just have to wait and see what their type is like and whether their ears lop like a mini lop's should.

:laugh:

I'm sorry - I'm sure its not funny to you - but it makes me not feel so bad about my steel flemish giant doe climbing up and over and into a pen with my tort English lop buck.

Accidents happen.

I have no idea what you'll have but I bet they'll be cute.

Latest posts

Back