Genetics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
samandshawn wrote:
When you see ? next to the letters for example

A Martin Sable aT? B? cChI? D? ET? VV

It is theSable Marten's colorgenotype.

At is tan pattern. The question mark represents the unknown gene (it would be either At or a "self").

B is for the normal dominant (referred to as black). Thequestion mark represents the unknown gene in that rabbit's B series(the gene would be either B or recessive B "chocolate").

The C series has a number of genes -- we refer to the shaded gene forsable as cchl in the US. The unknow would either be anothershaded cchl gene, himi ch or rew c.

D is the dilute series. D is "normal". The recessive in that series is "d" dilute (blue).

In the US, the Sable Marten's E series gene is represented as"E". Other genes in that series are steel, harlequin andnon-extension.

V V is the vienna series. vv would be Blue Eyed White -- V V is the homozygous normal.

Pam

Hi samandshawn,

I would urge you too view some of "tinysmom"'s topics.

She and Pamnock covered A Lot of information about genetics and breeding.

If you click on Members in the above icon, and the go to TinysMom, Viewher Profile, go over to her Topics file, and peruse it, I know you'llfind the information I'm referring to.

I'm certain you'll find it interesting.

Just a thought...
:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Hi samandshawn,

I would urge you too view some of "tinysmom"'s topics.

She and Pamnock covered A Lot of information about genetics and breeding.

If you click on Members in the above icon, and the go to TinysMom, Viewher Profile, go over to her Topics file, and peruse it, I know you'llfind the information I'm referring to.

I'm certain you'll find it interesting.

Just a thought...
:)

-Carolyn
Thanks i will do that

Back