Gender Fairy Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
This happens so often, I thought it would be fun to see yours and find out if you changed their names.

Snuggy (WAS "Mr. Snuggles" :D):

February32006Rabbits008.jpg

"Can you believe they thought I was a boy?!" :disgust:

Connor Grayson was Pandora Gabrielle.Fora fewdays till he got a new name he was calledComand Pando sometimes Pandoro.

100_6390.jpg

Well I have had 2 missexed bunnies...

First off, Mocha was originally Misty. In my defence.. he was a very girly looking baby!

DSCF0018.jpg

And then there was Kiara., who's name was changed to Eli after 'she'turn into a he because Eli'd ("he lied")to me!;)This is the little sweety that I was unable to keep becauseof his weepy eye problems. :(

eli1.jpg

EliOctober25.jpg

[align=left]We named Moon at 21 days old (beforewe had even looked for a gender). We found her brother's bits, reallyeasily, but we couldn't figure out what she was (this is coming from meand my mum who have sexed rabbits accurately for nearly two decadeslol). One day she looked male, the next, female, so when Sky's (herbrothers) balls (actually ball, singular, lol) had dropped, and nothinghad happened to her, we realised she must be a girlie, as did Sky,lol.[/align]
[align=center]
Litter1350Slump.jpg
[/align]
[align=left]We actually thought Sky was going to be a girl because fromat least 14 days old (possibly younger) he groomed her, it was socute.[/align]

Not a bunny, but does a cat count? You have to know the story though.

Kitty at petsmart, but not with the other adoptable cats (there throughthe county pound). I asked why, cat was sick (URI) so was going back...and since there are SO many healthy cats, might be PTS!

I called pound, they said I could adoptcat knowing his illness was my cost/responsibility.

Petsmart coudln't find cat's paperwork since cat was being sent back... so I didn't know anything about cat.

Bought cat bright pink collar, got nametag ingraved "Lexiva" (it's adrug I did a monograph on that day (pharmacy student at the time).

Brought Lexiva home to find she was a HE! Oops guess I should've checked first ;)

Collar was exchanged for a blue one, but I kept the name, I call him Lexi. Still is Lexiva though haha ;)

Jessi

Edit to add photos:

4dbaeba8.jpg

lexieyessm.jpg

lexi2.jpg

Mocha was sexed as a girl at the petstore. My mother-in-law, who used to breed rabbits, swore upand down that Mocha was absolutely positively a boy. I tookMocha in for "his" neuter, and when I came back after the surgery thevet told me that Mocha was a girl and had been spayedinstead. Oops! Thankfully the name is genderneutral!

100_2952a.jpg

I know this is RO but the best gender fairystory I have is a hamster. I was about 12 years old and really wanted ahamster. Long story short, saved allowance money...got to the store andthere was only 1 left. An all black "male." Brought him home and lessthan a week later HE had 6 babies, which I didn't know were babies andfreaked out. Not only was he not male, but SHE was pregnant with imbredbabies..First name was Teddy quickly got changed to Mama Bear.

Haha! All the stories are so funny! We got ababy bunny---the pet store said it was a girl...nope. Dolly got changedto Diamond...We later got him a mate and named her Dolly!

Gender visited our house as well. Took my sweetbonded girl and POW hormonal little boy. I swear them things showed upover night:shock:.

Thankfully Hopi is a gender nuetral name.

ChristanHopi21.jpg

Snuggys Mom wrote:
Aw, what a pretty boy! I love his eyes.That's so great that you took him in.

Thanks, I just love his eyes, too :) haha I"ve taken in many, I have a dozen cats! All strays or rescues/adopted :)

Jessi

At least you buns either got a name change or a modified one. My poor boy Milly is always going to have a girls name!

I don't think he cares, not that I've noticed. lol

My first vet (non rabbit savvy) was 80% sure that Phinn was a girl. So I named "her" Pheobe. When I later switched to a good vet, we found out Pheobe was actaully a boy, so I wanted to keep the PH as a memory, hence the spelling of Phinn.

:D

i had Oliver who was a "boy" so we took him to the vet to get him nuetered, well you cant nueter whats not there so they had to Spay him,her. right now we are tossing the name Belle around but i cant stop calling her Oliver, it just fits

We were told Buttercup was a girl by a vet then we found out a couple of months later she was really a he. We just were so use to saying Buttercup we decided to keep the name. He answers to Baby more than Buttercup.

DSC00725.jpg

Jackie was Jack for the first while then we noticed Wilbur was getting just a little too fresh with him/her. We went to the vet to get the family jewels checked out, and low and behold Jack turned into Jackie.

DSC00510.jpg

Susan:bunnydance:

okay i guess i have to tell too. lol

i went into a petstore and i saw tabby. i thought he was adorable and my dad wanted to get me a small dwarf bun and that was exactly what tabby was!

or was it?

we were told it was a SHE about 2 YEARS OLD and a DWARF breed.

so it turns out, she was actually a he found out because my mom checked, parts were not there when we got him, and gained 1/2 lbs. and grew 2 inches longer since we got him.

so 12inches long from neck to tail and 3 1/2 lbs. and changed to a boy. so i figure about 10 months.

and Tabetha became Tabby

100_0424-1.jpg

100_0693.jpg

Latest posts

Back