Fuzzy lop babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarzoo

Reaction score
My one and only Fuzzy lop doe had her firsthealthy litter last night! She had a litter last month, all DOA. Thisis my first fuzzy lop litter in almost SIX years! It's abouttime,I miss having fuzzy babies around.

Fiona started pulling fur last night and had her babies a few hourslater. She initially had 4, one I put to sleep because she had a hardtime having it and had bit a leg and ear off. The other three were cold(two in nest box, two on wire), but I easily warmed them up. I keptthem inside for the night on a heating pad cause they were having ahard time regulating their temperature at first. I checked on Fionabefore I went to bed last night and she was cleaning herself up andseemed to be done having babies. But, when I went this morning to takeher 3 babies out to her to nurse, she had 3 more. All in the nest box.One was a peanut, one looked like a larger kit she had a hard timewith, and the third looked healthy but probably got too cold withoutthe warmth of its litter mates. So, she had SEVEN total!! Itty bitty,cobby Fiona had SEVEN! I am so thrilled with the three surviving- toobad I didn't get out there sooner for the other healthy one. But I'lltake three, I'm not complaining!!

She was so relieved to see me bring her three healthy babies out to herthis morning. She promptly jumped in the nest box and nursed them, theyall have full bellies. She seemed so worried- but calmed down once sherealized she had some live babies left. She made a beautiful nest. Fornow, I have them inside- but will probably give them back to her tokeep for good soon. These babies are so petite and cute! Butmaybe I'm just used to big old Checkered Giant babies, lol!

I have no clue what color they are. All but one baby was born solidpink. One of the dead ones looked greyish (not as dark as blue), but itcould have been from bruising, it was the big kit. I am guessing theywill be oranges, torts, fawns, etc... since they are so light frombirth? It will be fun to see what I've got!

fi-babies.jpg

Ooooh adorable!!:bunnyheart

Sorry about the little ones who didn't make it....:rainbow:

Be sure to post pics of them as they grow!!

I love seeing photos of wrigglies...they are just so cute.

Keep us updated!

Peg

Naturestee- Yes!! It's a huge amount of hair!!The whole nest is full of hair and poor Fiona looks like she's beengiven a hair cut with a lawn mower. She made a beautiful nest :D

Here are today's pictures. Color is starting to come in. They are allbrokens, two with a heavy blanket pattern and one lightly marked, butdoesn't appear to be a charlie. No clue yet what color they are, it'sbeen so long since I've had fuzzy lop babies that I am out of practice.There are a lot of color possibilites with a blue tort x orange cross.Fiona is nursing like a champ- they all come away with ping-pongbellies.

You're welcome to take a guess at colors if you want, then we can see who is closest in a few days/weeks!

All three:
Fuzzybabies039.jpg

Ping-pong belly:
Fuzzybabies038.jpg

What colors are the parents?

I'm guessing :

broken tort, I can't tell - and broken chocolate

or

broken blue tort, I still cant' tell, and tort

Peg

Parents are both brokens. Mom is a blue tort, Dad is an orange.
You and I must be thinking along the same lines :)

My guesses so far are:

Blue tort, ?, and tort

The one in the middle is so lightly marked it's hard to tell- but it might be the same as the one on the left.

I am SO EXCITED about this litter. I've been waiting for so long :bunnydance:

Ok - then my guess is the middle one is a charlie of some sort...

blue tort...maybe?

Peg

Here's today's group shot of Fiona's litter.

Their colors are much more obvious now. The one on the left and the onein the middle appear to be the same color- the one in the middle isjust lightly marked. It appears he will have enough color to be shown,and won't get DQ'd as a charlie. The darker one looks like it's goingto be a tort. I love their heavy blanket patterns!

DSC00013.jpg

Look how much these guys have changed!!

These pictures are from the night before last, the babies are about 3.5weeks old. I've named them all after Fraggles. There is Mokey, Wimbleyand Gobo. They are at the super cute fuzzy butterball stage with theirears going every direction :D

Fuzzybabies142.jpg

Gobo-
Fuzzybabies134.jpg

Wimbley-
Fuzzybabies129.jpg

Mokey-
Fuzzybabies123.jpg

Fuzzybabies121.jpg

Crazy Ears-
Fuzzybabies140.jpg

Oh my goodness. I just had to get online and see these babies.

They are just so ADORABLE at this age. I bet you have lots of fun with them.

Peg

Oh my goodness. I just had to get online and see these babies.

They are just so ADORABLE at this age. I bet you have lots of fun with them.

Peg
Thanks!! I just can't stop holding them at this age. They are alreadyso laid back and let me flip them over, etc. Last night they had theirfirst romp in the big play pen and they were SOO HAPPY!!! They binkied,ran, jump, fell over, dug in the shavings and cuddled on my lap.

In the first picture they look so very angry... But that just makes them even cuter.

--Dawn

They do look a little angry! It seems to me the most show quality fuzzylops always have that angry look- I think it is endearing, because itcertainly doesn't match their personality!

Back