Fuzzies, Checkereds and More... Oh My!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarzoo

Reaction score
Since I am new, I thought I'd share some pictures. I hope this is the right place to do so!

The first one is of Chowder, a black Checkered Giant doe at the ARBA Convention this year.
DSC00044.jpg

Here's another of her:
DSC00042.jpg

And here is Clementine the proud mama. She had 6 babies on Jan 4, 2006
(excuse her yellow stains- she was housed next to a spraying buck!)

checkeredbabies004.jpg

Her babies:
checkeredbabies001.jpg

More baby goodness:
checkeredbabies010.jpg

Here is Mom compared to the babies:
checkeredbabies015.jpg

One more baby:
checkeredbabies014.jpg

My true love are the American Fuzzy Lops

Here are a few of my cuties. I don't have any good pictures of my doe, Fiona on this computer- I will have to get some.

First is my Old Man, Styme. He is 9+ and still going strong:

checkeredbabies019.jpg

Here is Clay. He is the father of Fiona's litter due at the end of January:

checkeredbabies022.jpg

Look at those cheeks!:
checkeredbabies018.jpg

Thanks, Haley!!!

The Checkered's aren't technically mine, though I hope to keep one ofthe Clementine's babies. They are a friends who doesn't have cageslarge enough for a Mom to raise her litter in, so I take care of herpregnant does.

I have been breeding/showing American Fuzzy Lops since '96- but I didtake a few years break for college, keeping only my old guy Styme. Therest went to my friend with the Checkered's so I could keep an eye onthem. I don't breed very often- and I am trying to show more regularly.

Oh my gosh! they are so gorgeous!

I love the first picture of Chowder,what a beautiful girl! :inlove:

cheryl

Wow, those Checkered Giants arestunning! I've never seen pics of babies before.They are beautiful! I didn't know they could have a solidbaby in a litter. I'd love to see one as an adult.I'll have to do a search.

I have a sable point AFL, too. His name is Toby and he'll be 2 in March.

TobysFirstBirthdayMarch152006015.jpg

Thanks!!

Solid checkered's apparently aren't that uncommon- but they aren'tconsidered a showable color. I am new to the breed and haven't yet seenan adult solid one. Unfortunately the little solid black bunny passedaway this morning. :tears2:

Toby is adorable!! At least in the picture you showed, Toby appears tobe a Siamese Smoke Pearl. It's hard to tell, but it is one of myfavorite colors. My old guy Styme is a solid blue- but he has become solight as he's gotten older that it looks like he has points! I willhave to dig up one of his old show pictures to show him in his glorydays. He earned multiple Grand Champion legs before I retired him.

Hi! Good to see you here!

I was just about to send you some pictures of my rabbits over on i-dog, but now I guess I don't have to- lol!!

Hello!

It's day 10 for the Checkered Giant babies and I've got new pictures and video!!

Look at the size difference, they are bigger than my hand, now!

DSC00069.jpg

Eyes are opening, I see you!
DSC00070.jpg

The starting line...
DSC00074.jpg

Just about every one has their eyes open today.The difference between the largest kit and the smallest kit is growingsmaller with every day. Momma is feeding them all really well,apparently.

Yesterday I had brought all the babies in the house. One of them got asniff of my dog for the first time. He threw his ears up, blinked hiseyes as if to say "Woah! You don't smell like my mommy!" It was reallycute

:inlove:

Oh wow. I want a Checkered Giant and a Fuzzy lop now.

I am going to try and be better about postingall of my pictures in one spot, that way it is easier for me (and youguys!) to keep track of them all. So watch out, I have a lot ofpictures to update!!

Here are today's photo shoot with the fuzzy lop babies. They are six weeks old today and sooooooooooooo cute!

I took so many pictures, and I couldn't decide which one I liked the best, so each baby will get their own post.

Here's Mokey:

"Pllllllt! I don't want to sit still!"
Fuzzybabies195.jpg

"Fine, I'll pose like a real show bunny."
Fuzzybabies191.jpg

"What are you looking at?"
Fuzzybabies190.jpg

"Does my head make me look fat?"
Fuzzybabies188.jpg

Here's Wimbley:

"Did you say something?"
Fuzzybabies186.jpg