Future bunny mom, but I need some help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunbunBannana

Reaction score
Hi,
After 3 years, my darling pet rats passed too soon! We miss them, and have decided to adopt a bunny! We would have adopted more rats, but TBH the life span is a bit too short! So after weeks of research, I have decided to adopt a bunny! Based on my research I need to get…

Litter (already have yesterdays news from my rats)
Food and water bowls
Hay rack
Hay (my pet shop has some but I heard it isn’t the best…)
Nail clippers (already have some from my rats)
Cat tree
Tunnel
Food (young and adult food suggestions I don’t know what I will adopt!)
Brush (I’m getting hair busters)
Hides (I’ll make some from boxes)
TOYS :D
I need recommendations on good bowls, hay racks, cat trees, tunnels, and toys! If you can, please leave AMAZON or chewy links (if possible)! Anything else I need to get? Also good videos and links on bunny care! Oh, and I almost forgot! The rabbit will be living in something like this I can’t find the link (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083B718V...&pd_rd_r=9b2f1262-ce30-477d-bf0a-430e1bf9d4b6) 30in by 60in pen (I already have this cage from my chickens from years ago) with playtime DAILY!
TYSM!

You'll want to go bigger on the "cage". Rabbits need room to run around and stand to scope. Now if you use it was a home base, that's not a problem.
The cage will serve as a cage for a part of the day while I am away so about half day. The rest Of the day the bunny can run In my room all it wants! At night It will have to go back in it’s cage though! So far I plan on getting…
Litter (yesterday's news from the rats)
Nail clippers (from the rats)
Hay rack $10
Hay (TBD)
Rabbit water bowls $20
Cat tree $40
Hair busters rabbit comb $22
Tunnel $20
Food (TBD)
Grass hide and toys $30
Ball set $15
Grass mat $10
Treat Rolling ball $10
Bunny bed (DIY)
And I found this guy on pet finder in a shelter nearby! Adopt Skylar on Petfinder

The hair buster is a god send. The bowls look adorable. I have a gravity water bowl for my bunnies.
Pet Supplies : NOA Automatic Pet Water Dispenser | 1 Gallon Cat and Dog Gravity Feeder, Waterer Dispenser Station, H20, BPA-Free, Small and Big Pets Water Station, Pet Water Bowl, Cat and Dog Water Bowl : Amazon.com

OMG the grass hut and grass mats, he will go bonkers over. My rabbits LOVE those. The treat ball works wonders when you want to him to work to get his treats. Shen loved it and Xiao Wu enjoys it to get her oats.

Also recommend getting Critical Care as an emergency: Amazon.com : Oxbow Animal Health Critical Care, Herbivore, Apple-Banana Flavor, 454 Gram Bag, 1-lbs (70105) : Pet Bone And Joint Supplements : Sports & Outdoors

Last edited:
The hair buster is a god send. The bowls look adorable. I have a gravity water bowl for my bunnies.
Pet Supplies : NOA Automatic Pet Water Dispenser | 1 Gallon Cat and Dog Gravity Feeder, Waterer Dispenser Station, H20, BPA-Free, Small and Big Pets Water Station, Pet Water Bowl, Cat and Dog Water Bowl : Amazon.com

OMG the grass hut and grass mats, he will go bonkers over. My rabbits LOVE those. The treat ball works wonders when you want to him to work to get his treats. Shen loved it and Xiao Wu enjoys it to get her oats.

Also recommend getting Critical Care as an emergency: Amazon.com : Oxbow Animal Health Critical Care, Herbivore, Apple-Banana Flavor, 454 Gram Bag, 1-lbs (70105) : Pet Bone And Joint Supplements : Sports & Outdoors
Thanks!
Wasn't a lot of this already covered with lots of suggestions in your previous thread a few months back?

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/hi-future-bunny-mom-have-some-questions.101946/
Yeah, some of it was, but then a friend gave her rats too us…

Cat trees aren't necessarily a good idea for rabbits. A smaller shorter one might work ok, but a tall cat tree can risk injury to a rabbit from falling off.
Yeah! The one I found Is pretty short, but I will keep that in mind!

I have also decided to free roam the bunny in my room that is 120 inches by 6 inches

Latest posts

Back