Fur Shedding? Is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobismyturtle

Reaction score
So its the middle of summer, and I think my bunny is shedding? I can tug at his fur(not hard at all) and I get a big blob of fur, and underneath is a shorter soft coat. All over his body he has hair that will come out in clumps. Is that normal?? I've only had him for about 3 months, and he is my first bunny. So I wasnt sure how exactly they shed.:?

Mine shed more when I turn off the ac and the temp goes a little higher; my 8rabbits have areally strange "non patterns" of shedding so based on that I would take a wait and see attitude ..

The temperature here has really soared in the last week. 103 F was the high the other day. He acts normal, and eats normal. So I hope it is just normal shedding.

He has a hutch outdoors, and one indoors for winter, but he has been in the indoor one All day. We put him outside at night though. Thanks for the help guys!

All mine are shedding now - nothing like a major molt, but the temps here have averaged in the 90's and the humidity has been high. Thank God for the frozen water bottles and spray bottles. My guys stay outdoors in the shade and can dig in the earth to stay cool also.

My Gracie is shedding like a fiend. She still looks like unkempt even though I gave her a though grooming earlier tonight. Even the shelter rabbits were shedding. I did pluck fur from the Flemish Giant and her mini-rex partner.

Latest posts

Back