Fur growing back timeframe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionBunn

Reaction score
I took in this rabbit who was severely matted down to the skin. He was very neglected. I took him to a dog groomer and had him shaved down to the skin. She does groom a rabbit or two on a monthly basis. Seemed like the only solution. No brush or comb would go through it. I believe he's a fuzzy lop(doesn't look like it now but..). I'm wondering how long it should take for his fur to grow back? He has a little fur grown back on his belly. Thanks for any input.

I don't know about a full shaved rabbit, but my doe pulled a lot of fur for her nest and she had a bald patch which grew back in about a month. Hope that helps a little bit :) sure other people here know more.

Both fur and wold grow back fairly quickly. You did the right thing by having him sheared down. It will take 3-4 weeks for him to get a decently wooled coat again, and probably about 6 weeks for all of it to come back. It may be a good idea to keep him clipped - not all the way, but just to a manageable length. :)

Latest posts

Back