Funny stories and/or memories, share yours!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanluc_pippen_merry

Reaction score
Ok so i was used to seeing Jean-luc assert his dominance, but one day when he was humping Pippin, he suddenly froze and fell off him. I was horrified and thought he had some kind of seizure. But he got up a few secs later and was ok. Well a few mins later he humped Pipping again, and to my horror, he had another seizure! At this point i started to panic a little more and thought he must have some kind of neurological problem... maybe the vet gave him some kind of disease that spread to his brain when he was neutered. I started to search online for rabbit seizures and neurological problems, but couldn't find anything that fit the description. Finally, i checked youtube... and boy was i glad i did because the phone call or visit to the vet i could imagine would have gone something like this.

Me: OMG THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH JEAN-LUC I THINK HE'S BRAIN DAMAGED
Vet: Why? What happened?
Me: HE WAS HUMPING PIPPING THEN FROZE AND FELL OFF HIM! IT HAPPENED SEVERAL TIMES!
Vet: Errr... umm... i don't really know how to tell you this but... he was just... umm... reaching his climax.
Me: Wait... wut? Oh... ok. Well this is awkward.

:p

haha I do like that story.

Harvey likes to fling things around. Usually his paper towel roll or his wicker ball. I happened to be on floor next to him, my face on the floor next to his while he was stretched out relaxing. Well I had a bag clip (those big clips that helps keep food fresh) between me and him. Without him getting up he takes the clip and flings it.... right into my forehead.

Now I know he's just an animal and he didn't mean too. But part of me thinks he did.... just a little. haha.

This is from Tiny's Rainbow Bridge thread....

Puck was a holland lop buck (very young still) and Gingerspice was a lionhead doe (only a bit older).

~~~~~~~~~~~~

How Tiny Became Known as "The BunFather"

It was during this time that Tiny got his nickname of "The BunFather".

It happened like this....Puck had been chasing GingerSpice and she didn't like it. The next day (I've learned that lionheads have LONG memories) - she went after Puck and he went and got beside Tiny. You see -earlier in the week Tiny had stood between a cat and one of the other bunnies....and wouldn't let them fight. Now Tiny MADE GingerSpice submit (If I remember right - he pressed her head to the ground).

After that - he was known for not letting rabbits fight and became known as "The BunFather" because he would make them an offer they couldn't refuse.

I think that also became the start of his love-affair with GingerSpice - but alas...that my friends is another chapter....

MagPie, Jean-luc has done something like that to me before. He was tossing one of his wooden toys with a bell on the end of it, and tossed it right in my face. I know he knew what he had just done too because he sat there and stared at me for a few seconds before carrying on lol.

Merry loves to throw things out of her hutch too. It's cute. ^.^

Peg, that's a great story! What an awesome bunny Tiny was. Wish i could have known him. :)

Hahaha yeah Annette, the reason why I think he meant to hit me was the clip had been sitting in front of him for a while before I sat down with him. Only when I sat down with him did he fling it at me haha. To be fair this was during the time when I was giving him oral antibiotics so he was pretty grumpy with me.

I have a large bunny playpen in the barn where the youngins play and one day I was refilling their big water bowl....

I had just tipped the pitcher over to pour the water when a young ( 3 month old) rabbit got excited, jumped into the empty water bowl and...promptly got a shower.

Oh the confusion on that little bun's face LOL I was holding my sides laughing. She was fine, just a little wet.

I remember when I first got Fru and was new to the whole rabbit scene and the funny personality Fru has, and I left a whole bag of individually wrapped Andes Mints in a bag on the coffee table. I went and done a little house work with Fru playing in the living room. I went back into the living room to check on him and he was gone, then I noticed so was the whole bag of mints! I found him behind a chair and he had tore though the plastic bag, the bag of mints, and the wrapper, he had several of the mints gone. He also stole a peep right from my hand on Easter last year. Needless to say my boy really loves his food!

dddd.jpg

Excited bunnies are so adorable. ^.^

ZOMG! Was Fru ok after eating those mints?

I don't know what a peep is, is it some kind of easter egg? I'm not sure we have those here but i haven't heard of them before.

MagPie wrote:
A peep is a sugary marshmellow chick that is an Easter treat.
Ooooh i see, i think we have those.

I just remembered another funny story!

One day Pippin was sitting next to me, munching away on what i assumed was hay. I decided to lay down next to him and he responded by giving me kisses. But when he got to my nose, his breath stank! Like poo! And that's when i realised he wasn't chewing on hay! >.<

I of course immediately pulled away, got up and went to the bathroom to scrub my face, but felt so bad cause i didn't want him to feel like i rejected him or something like that, as im sure poo breath kisses amongst rabbits is pretty normal. :yuck

Moral of the story is, if you have kissy rabbits, make sure you know what they've just been munching on before you accept kisses! :D

I was new to bunny land (still am I guess), and Toby was hopping around on my bed, digging in my blankets. Basically just having a grand old time while I was laying there watching him.

Suddenly he stops digging and backs his little furry butt right up against me.

Me: "Ahhh! He's cuddlin' with me!"
Toby: "No no lady, just peeing."

... I feel this warmth spread down the side of my shirt. And that was the first time he peed on me, and on my blankets. (He's not allowed on my bed anymore. I just got a new white duvet cover and don't wanna chance it.)

Lol! Marisa i would have banned them from playing on my bed after that too. I let Jean-luc play on my bed once, but i put some old flattened cardboard boxes down, a hundred layers of newspaper down on top of that and then covered it with old towels just in case, and sure enough he did pee on the bed but luckily it didn't go through. It was new territory for him though, so not sure if he actually went to the bathroom or was marking his territory.

I don't know if it has something to do with it having my scent on it, or all the diggy fluffy blankets, but it seemed like if he was out past 10pm and hopped on my bed then it was getting peed on. Every single time, no fail. He still tries to hop up but I just scooch him off :)

This happenedjust yesterday...

I always hand out a wedge of apple every Sunday morning to the bunnies. I dunno, it just became habit and every-bun expects it. I came to my Satin mix, Doug, to give him the wedge of apple. He was so excited; ears forward, little paws on the side of his pen area.... I showed him the apple and his entire demeanor changed to that of sheer disappointment. He wanted the dehydrated apple, not the fresh apple wedge that I was handing out. I had to call my sister right away because she is my dehydrated apple supplier, and according to Doug, we must never run out of dehydrated apple. :p

When we had our lionhead Lulu we put her in a little car thing for toddlers and pushed her around the room. She didn't even jump out (I think she might have been sick at the time :'(. ).

Back