funny bunny personalities

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnychild

Julia
Reaction score
Hi I thought it would be fun for people to say what their rabbits act like. Are they fun, mean, bouncy, mischevious. Let me Know

Rebecca Lynn (aka Becky) 3 year old mini lop bunwife to Indy

She is super sweet and my cuddle bunn. She loves to lay with us in bed and has an obsession with paper. Lots of kisses and tooth purrs from this girl. She also oinks when she eats breakfast. Was abused in the past and has neurological damage.

100_1000.jpg

Indiana Bunns (aka Indy) 3 year old mini lop husbunny to Becky

He is so mellow until it comes to food! I can handle him and he just goes limp, but at meal times he gets so excited he drools. Was abused in the past and only has one eye and deaf on that side.

Indy.jpg

Houdini 1 year old english angora husbunny to Cindi

Houdini loves to be naughty! Running around and escaping his house is a great joy. If he gets caught being naughty he will binky his way back to his house. He doesn't like to be held for very long, I think it makes him hot. Born from a mom that was in a hoarding case.

001-1.jpg

Cinderella (aka Cindi) 4 year old mini satin mix bunwife to Houdini

Cindi is my shy baby. She tends to hide behind Houdini's boldness and then follow in his paw tracks. Over time Cindi has learned the joys of watching tv with her people. If we watch a show she likes we get kisses. Spent 3 years in a shelter before she found us due to being so timid.

009.jpg

Olive is a twelve week old (nearly thirteen week old) Holland Lop who is inquisitive, sweet, yet can have a big personality when things don't go her way (like the vet visit yesterday--NOT on her top list of fun outings). Like any baby bunny, she tends to get into a little mischief from time to time, but so far, nothing terribly destructive (praying it stays that way!) and she can be a darling little scamp when she's periscoping around trying to figure out what something is.

She is not a cuddler, though she will come up to you for sniffs, bonks you with her nose on your ankle when she's out and about, and will allow you to pet her from time to time. I generally don't make a habit of picking up rabbits since most don't like it, but at least once a day I do try to handle her so she gets used to it, for toenail trims and such. But I respect my bunny's space and her right to have four feet on the floor as much as possible, since she is a prey animal, after all.

She likes her pellets, hay, and I have been giving her mashed banana with some medicine in the morning for coccidia (she doesn't seem to have coccidiosis--no diarrhea or lethargy or anything else symptomatic).

She has free range of the living room, kitchen, and hallway when I home and loves to go exploring, binky and run bunny five hundreds in the morning. She is littered trained except for some stray poops so I can get away with letting her free range for long periods of tie. She also just like to chill out under the hearth or my desk or couch.

So far I really couldn't ask for a sweeter rabbit.

SHe does have coccidia; I'm not sure what you're referring to. Coccidia, if allowed to multiply, can quickly become fatal in rabbits. Why would I not treat her?

I have a lot of bunnies, but I'll tell you about the personality of my bun with the most personality, Loki. Loki is just plain crazy without being hyper. Everytime I'm around, he has to be watching what I'm doing, periscoping, putting his nose as close to me as he can get it. If I'm sitting next to his cage, he'll talk to me the whole time. Little grunts, but not the nervous grunts I've heard a lot of rabbits do. He also REALLY likes to play dead bunny by lying completely on his side, with his crown relaxed and eyes partly closed. The other day, he did it almost on his back, so one leg was up and slightly cricked. He usually won't respond to me until I whistle at him if he's like that. He's a real sweetheart, though, if a bit of a butthead.

hillrise wrote:
He also REALLY likes to play dead bunny by lying completely on his side, with his crown relaxed and eyes partly closed. The other day, he did it almost on his back, so one leg was up and slightly cricked. He usually won't respond to me until I whistle at him if he's like that. He's a real sweetheart, though, if a bit of a butthead.
oh i couldn't take that it always freaks me out when something i laying down like that even road kill :pullhair:

Coccidia: protozoa
Coccidosis: infection of said protozoa

What I'm saying is she doesn't seem to have overt symptomology typical of coccidosis. She does, however, have coccidia so her case is subclinical (not showing any signs).
Clearer?

My sis's lop Bugsy is very laid back, though not quite affectionate yet. He's quite tolerant of everything. My netherland dwarf Bryn however, is high strung (is this typical ND personality?) , and very aware of everything going on! He loves treats, hates to be picked up and won't put up with something he doesn't like! :wink

Lola is very sweet. If I have her out on the bed with me she'll do anything to get to my chest and lay on it. Once shes there she'll lick my face n_n She is my heart bunny and I true cuddler. She'll let you do anything to her as long as you're petting her. She also loves being kissed on the nose which is when she licks you most.

Lilith is my blind girl. She has cataract in one eye and I think it effects her personality a lot. She is just getting used to me at the moment (Letting me pick her up, give her cuddles etc etc) but she will still have her sulky days where she won't even look at me. I love her dearly but she is deffs the sulky bun of the family! :p

Marcy is gorgeous. Still a tiny baby, Marcys personality is still developing. She loves to run and and nudge me then run away really quickly. I think shes the cheeky bun of the family hehe :p

Pippin is a pretty relaxed bunny. He likes to follow me around when i give them free roam of the house, and has to inspect whatever it is that has my attention. He also likes to jump up on the couch when i am watching TV, and then sit on my chest to give my face a few licks before hopping off to continue exploring or racing around the house.

Merry is still quite young, only 10 weeks old (had her for 2 weeks now) and so were still getting used to each other. She enjoys binkying and zooming around the room/house. Though she is not yet 100% comfortable around us, she started binkying from the moment i brought her home and let her out of her hutch. She also hates taking medicine.

Pippin is a super cuddler he will let you do almost anything.

Palo finaly likes me he likes to run up and look at what is going on with the dogs the cats and humans

Wild Card i just got him all i know is that he doesn't like to pose

The only thing I can say about Katmai is that he is such a space cadet! "Out to lunch" as my mum would say. Haha. And my girl, Gopher, is such a pig. All she does is eat. Eat eat eat!!!! And my other girl Kodiak, is well, not very nice. I call it tough love because of course I love her but she's a pain most of the time.

Latest posts

Back