front teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marianne

Reaction score
My last rabbit who habe problems with the backteeth,the doktor put him to sleep. Now i have a 2 year old flemishgiant who have the same problems,.

his backteeth are not growing right and he can not eat.

What can i do now? Take the rabbit too the vet and put him too sleep?

I know that rabbits with this problem need to cut the teeth all 4 weeks.

Is here smeone with the same probleme,who take the rabbit every 4 weeks to the vet too fix the back teeth?

Is it normel too pay every 4 weeks 200$ for this?:shock:

My english is very bad ,but i hope you understand me.

Marianne

I agree that seems really high. I amgoing to give you a link. It will hopefully help you find a vet thatwon't charge so much. Please don't put that baby to sleep. Here's thelink.

http://www.rabbit.org/vets/index.html

Please update us and keep us posted ok. I didn't know you had aFlemish Giant too. I have a white boy. What's your's?

Tina

Thanke you Tina. That Link give me the Vet wherei was with another rabbit.The Vet give him a gas that he sleep and callme to tell me that the teeth are so bad that he never can eat right,andthen he put him to sleep.

Here is a picture from Nicky ,i also have his brother and he looks thesame.I hope that Bamby(his brother) dont become the same problms.

My husband buy both 2 years ago from a farmer. I have a few more rabbits.

Rabbits teeth can easily be trimmed back to theirnormal position. Call around your area and see if can find anotherrabbit knowledgeable vet that will give you a second opinion, and showyou how to trim the teeth.

Oh Marianne, he's beautiful. He looksjust like my Apollo just like him. Was that the only vet you found?Please don't put the poor baby down. Are there any shelters you cancall and get the phone number of a good rabbit vet?

Here I fnd this list. I'm not sure how many are close to you but you can call and ask them.

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/listings.jsp?SRC=msn&STYPE=S&PG=L&CB=1&R=N&C=&CID=00000493451&cbdt=Veterinarians&T=browns+mills&S=NJ&PS=15&RT=&RS=&RR=&search=Find+It

Maybe one of those can help.

Tina

Marianne wrote:
My last rabbit who habe problems with the back teeth,thedoktor put him to sleep. Now i have a 2 year old flemish giant who havethe same problems,.
his backteeth are not growing right and he can not eat.
What can i do now? Take the rabbit too the vet and put him too sleep?
I know that rabbits with this problem need to cut the teeth all 4 weeks.
Is here smeone with the same probleme,who take the rabbit every 4 weeks to the vet too fix the back teeth?
Is it normel too pay every 4 weeks 200$ for this?:shock:
My english is very bad ,but i hope you understand me.
Marianne
Do all rabbits need to have their teeth clipped regularly? Or is it in these such circumstances that it needs to be done?

Most rabbits don't need this done. Ialways feel so badly for the ones that do. But it is a good reason toget into the habit of checking your rabbit's teeth on a regularbasis.

Tina

How can Lisabeth clip the teeth by herself? Theback teeth are so far away in the rabbits mouth,that i only can feelthem with my little finger but i can not see the teeth.

I think the vet showed her how. Itprobably helps if you have some really bright lights and someone tohelp you. Did you ask her? She amy be able to tell you.

Tina

In a case like yours, where the rabbitteethare requiring frequent trimming, it is recommended tohave the incisors removed.

Pam

Marianne wrote:
How can Lisabeth clip the teeth by herself? The back teethare so far away in the rabbits mouth,that i only can feel them with mylittle finger but i can not see the teeth.

I was confused by the post -- the title said "front teeth",so I assumed the front teeth were the ones that needed trimming.

Pam

Hi and WelcomeMarianne,

Will hope and say a prayer that the vet can teach you to trim thoseteeth. Please let us know how it goes. We'll be thinkingabout you and the little one.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back