From Pet Talk

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, poor little guy :( Kimiko is a very first bunny in my life. I must say that I'm so glad that my mother never bought me a bunny when I begged her one. She said " One day when you'll be old enough and more responsible and you will know why today I don't allow you to have one". Gosh she was so right ! I used to be angry about this. Now I know. Bunnies are no matches for kids.

The rescue I volunteer for adopted out a bunny about three years ago to a father with a young girl. Now that rabbit is coming back to the rescue. I'm not sure who made that adoption but if it was up to me it would not have happened. Not to say that we don't adopted bunnies to families with children but we always stress that the parents supervise the children. Now we had have rabbits that we adopted out to adults that looked good (did the home check, vet check. etc.) and the rabbit comes back to us in bad shape.

I'm doing a home check next week for a family with an younggirl. The mother come up with a cool idea. She had her daughter care for a stuffed rabbit for two months to demonstrate that she was ready for a rabbit. Now the experiment involved making sure "the rabbit" had food, water and that the litter box was kept clean. From what I understand the girl did a good job.

Back