fresh fruits and veggies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchell8684

Reaction score
hello ... is it safe to give my bunny fresh fruits and veggies such as cucumbers? i am unsure of her breed (however i have pics of her on here if anyone wants to take a gander at it) thanks for your help.. i am a first time owner of a house bunny :) she has rabbit pellets that i purchaed at the pet store, but was curious about giving the other in moderation... thank you!

Definately give her some good grass hay along with her pellets.

Our rabbits get carrots, romaine lettuce, a small piece of apple, a small piece of banana. They also like fresh basil and parsley.
Have never given ours cucumbers though, so I do not know if it is ok for them.

I have given Jacob cucumber, but he doesn't like it. I cut out the inner part too, with the seeds in it. Or else what you can do if you make a salad and put cucumber in it, then cut off the rind and give it to them.

My bunny loves basil, romaine lettuce, green leaf lettuce :), and parsley.

Just a warning, if your rabbit is new into your home and very young, you may want to stick to basics for a bit. The added stress can add to tummy issues and become a problem :)In general, you shouldn't have any problems if you give a tiny amount, one item at a time so you can spot any items that your bunny might not tolerate. Most bunnies don't have many problems, just preferences, but for the ones that might have an issue, it's important that they don't get too much in quantity or variety at a time.

Here's video discussing rabbit veggies and nutrition:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/FastUpOnRabbitCare#p/u/9/-W62vZIKW4g[/ame]

Back