Freeroaming Rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camarie

Reaction score
Ok so i finnally have Stormy and Salem very good trained to be freeroaming. I still find poop in some areas but its not that bad. I pick it up and put it in the litter box. Right now at night they have each a cage they go into. The cages are fine for now but they are going to have to be upgraded soon. I am looking for cages and was wondering what everyone else has. My rabbits are flemish giants. I dont mind spending the money for a cage i wont have to upgrade. The cages are only for at night. Please if anyone can help leave links. I also can make one and if anyone has blueprints or can instruct me leave that too.

Thanks

There will come a time when the cage will partly be for the day too (i.e. when they can't play together because of the pregnancy risk-before they are spayed/neutered).

Have you looked at NIC grids?

Or maybe each having a penned off area with the cage as a base and then a bit more room?

In terms of being free roaming, have you looked at maybe splitting your room in two so both can be out at once? I know you didn't raise that issue in this thread, just wanted to suggest it :)

I dont know if i could split my room. Ill look into it. Yes with the pregnancy issue until i can get stormy spayed they will have to be sperated.I could always have one in my closet for half the day and then give it the room the next half. I just need some ideas of something i can do when that time comes i only have 4 more weeks they can stay together.

Brandy456 wrote:
Ok I guess you are, :p
Anyways, if you have a split-level house, that would always work, give one the bottom, the other the top level. Or one the kitchen and one the bathroom/hallway.
THey can only have my room. I am not allowed to have them anywhere else.

Why not post some pictures of your room and closet and that might help people give you some ideas.

now just have to worry about carpet eating and wood cheweing, walls. and your boy spraying before nuetering him

I was bored, so here is an idea to seperate them ;

iy0vb8.jpg

*whispers* They may be able to jump onto the bed.

lol, sorry, I just know what my crew of pickles are like.

I have a click bed its like a futon. I could seperate the room but i am trying to think of other ideas. They only need to be seperated for 2 months then i can get Stormy spayed and i will probably keep her in the closet while she is healing.

Untitled.jpg

Sry but my camera is out this so i tried paint. My bed is lower left corner then the cages upper left corner. bottom right corner is a dresser and shelves in the upper right corner.

I have spent over $1000 on cages, trying one style. tearing it down. the best cage i have and this one's been a keeper is my bf made a wooden frame about 6 inches off the ground. put down pegboard and tile ontop of that. Then we used NIC cages and ziptied them to the pegboard. Until I neutered the Fatty I had it seperated into mini-pins and then once he was snipped-took out the middle cages and pow one big cage. then I just use a dog stair thingy for them to hop up and down from the cage to the kitchen (where they free roam). hope that was somewhat helpful :)

Latest posts

Back