free range buns?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiced77

Reaction score
anyone else let their bunnies have run of thehouse 24/7? just curious i guess :) from day 1 both of minehated being confined in their cage and were escapees within days ofcoming home.. we eventually gave up and let them run one floor at atime until now they go in all but two non-bunny proofedrooms! fully litter trained of course.. the worst mess wehave is shredded cardboard in the kitchen because they love theircardboard boxes! ivory soap stopped baseboard chewing..and no wiresleft within their reach.. (however we lost one phone cord and a DVDplayer power cord before we got everything safe :p ) they dohave a cage where they get their food, but they dont really hang out inthere other than to eat.. sprawled out on the living room floor seemsto be their favorite!

Guinevere is a free ranger. She missesher cage, but with Gir so unpredictable, we are worried about himspraying her again if they are together 24/7. He is gettingbetter, but Guin seems to like to cuddle in the morning with us, so weleave her out all night. But only in one room. Theroom we live in hehe.

Not yet, only because my room is not 100%bunny-proofed. But they come pretty close :) Hoping to make them fullyfree-range (or at least 99.9% so) in the near future.

Will they go on smooth (non carpeted) flooring? Iput Mr. Wiggles on our tile once right after we got him and thenrealized that he couldn't walk on it, since then Ialways puthim on carpet andhe chooses not to go on smooth flooring,tile or linoleum.

Megan

I have tiled flooring (vinyl tile), but a largerug covers most of it. They prefer not to go on the tile, butthey don't mind it too terribly. The whole area around their cage has arug down.

mine dont seem to mind the kitchen flooranymore.. at first they were a bit scared of it, but now they're okwith it :) however it's highly amusing to watch them scramble on it ifthey get startled or try to chase each other lol

I have ALL hardwood floors. Elf has never knownanything else. Admittedly, I see more binkies outside in the grass thanin the house ;)

I wanted to make Murphy completely free range butI am away from the house far to often to feel safe with him out, alone,unsupervised. He is out most of the evening when I get homefrom work. Thing is though, after a few hours he just goesback in his cage anyways. My bedroom door is always open whenhe is out but he has yet to venture past the hallway. He wentinto the bathroom once, onto the tile, and didnt know what tothink. He just turned around and ran back into myroom.

Dont know if anyone else has this problem, but when Murphy is out Ihave to hide all the remotes. He likes to chew the buttonsoff. The tv remote in my roomhas maybe 4 buttonsleft. It still works though lol. Murphy willactually search for the remotes. Anyone else have thishappen?

That's awsome Spiced that your buns are so well behaved. Do you have any other pets in the house?

Yes, Chompers has a thing for remotes too. Heused to come up on the couch and chew the buttons off if we were dumbenough to leave the remote within reach. Now only Abby comes onto thecouch, it's new and higher than the last one. Valuran wants to come up,but hasn't yet. Chompers apparently grew out of that phase.

Our rabbits are out of their cage from the moment we wake up until wego to bed at night. As we're early risers, the rabbits are out for agood amount of time. However, when we are gone, they go into theircage. We have bunny-proofed the space they're in, but still......toomuch bunny trouble they can get into!

Latest posts

Back