"free bunny" Arizona

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
IN A TANK :grumpy:.

female 1.5 years old needs good home
prescott valley

01010801020301040420071231fccde508d58924189f002c5d.jpg

:shock::XPoor girl!

Awww she's so pretty though. I wish I lived near. :( I would rescue her. Are you gonna try and help her?

I can't take in any more rabbits. My three is enough. I wouldn't have time to clean and play with a fourth right now :(.

If I had my own house, I would find the time....but Ryan and I won't get our own place until about April.

This poor bunny has been on Craigslist for about a month or more now. I really wish I could help the poor sweetie out :tears2:. She needs a spay and a real cage.

Why not post in the 'Rescue Me' section? I'm sure we have somebunny that could take her home. i know that putting them in a tank is bad, but is it bad enough for a rescue to step in and take her? just my worth!

Anna

I think it really belongs in the Rescue me section, so I've moved it... I sincerely hope that someone will find it in their heart to give him a forever home, that's NOT in a fish tank!

Is the rabbit in Arizona? I'm looking in the pets wanted section of petfinder now, but I dont see any listings for rabbits in AZ. :(

She looks just like my sweet Chloe. Mine was more Lilac, blue ish. Awww I was I was close.

amy

have you contacted these people to see if they are legit? i am assuming you have since you say she is free and it doesn't say that on the posting.

i don't have the money to have her spayed now, like, at all. nemo has a vet appointment next tuesday for his eye, and of course it's like $57 just for the office visit, plus whatever cultures they will need to do and stuff. i also just got a parking ticket (because i'm that wonderful) that ran me about $368 out of my savings account so i'm insanely poor.

but that bun deserves better than that. i MIGHT be able to swing at least fostering her. MIGHT. but maybe if they are willing to have her spayed first? though i doubt it since they have her in a freakin fish tank...doesn't exactly show love to me.

tracy

While I'm not saying the rabbit isn't in need, I want to point out that the picture could be slightly misleading.

The rug the rabbit is on is clean. No poop, food, hay, hair etc.

The glass on the tank is also remarkably clean if the rabbit is actually housed in it. No smudges, urine marks, nose prints.

The water crock doesn't appear to be filthy in any means, empty or staining the rug it sits on - as it may be if the rabbit was in there constantly. The glass tank isn't marked with water or streaks where it has been wiped down, either.

There may be a possibility the rabbit was put in the tank in order to have it's picture taken.

:twocents

:yeahthat:I don't think that the fact of her living in an aquarium is the big deal. She looks healthy and well fed, and her housing, whatever it may be, is clean. I do think it's not very smart to just give her away, but I think thata lot of people just don't realize the kinds of people that might answer this ad.

I DID email this person, and they never replied back...I emailed them yesterday.

I really, really, really think they probably just "dolled" up the tank for the picture. No person in their right mind that knows about rabbits would ever keep them in a tank. I have a feeling they bought her from the fair or something, or the mom & pop pet store in town that keeps them in a tank....they probably think it is okay :?.

Tracey....can you take this poor sweetie? I can *try* to get a hold of the person and arrage to pick up the rabbit and meet you part way to Phoenix.

I highly doubt they will have her spayed....HIGHLY doubt. Morgan has a vet appointment on the 12th to check his teeth, that is going on my credit card bill. My vet charges $99 for a spay. I am going to get the money to Peg (to fly Mal and Mad) by the 20th (I get paid on the 17th) and have to sent the $200 via money order.

I'm nuts for doing this and would have to talk with Ryan first...but...to save a bunny....

So, it's sacrificing some of my money, which I don't have a lot of up front...but I'd be willing to get this rabbit spayed at my vet and charge it to my credit card because I can pay it off, which is helpful and I can afford it that way. I wouldn't be able to keep the rabbit here for long, a few days...then meet you or have your drive here from PHX on a weekend (that would be better since Ryan drives, not me).

Of course...Mallory and Madilyn come first...their flight is $200 and I can't charge that to my card, so it needs to come out of my pay check....which I hope to take $100 out of the one this Thursday, then $100 out of the one on the 17th to get to Peg....I am 90% sure I'm able to do that.

Speaking of the devil, she did email me back, rudely, I might add:

So you are not wanting the bunny?what are you
saying?Don't reply so someones item with this stupid
stuff.I should report you as some kind of a scam.

--- Amy Gregorio wrote:

> ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING
> LOCALLY
> ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals,
> work-at-home
> ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow,
> shipping
> ** More Info:
> http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html
>
> Hello. My name is Amy and I live in Prescott. I have
> three neutered male house bunnies and I am a
> moderator on the most popular rabbit forum on the
> internet... www.rabbitsonline.net
>
>
> I can't take in any bunnies right now, but is there
> any way for me to help you out with your bunny? Why
> are you rehoming her? Is she spayed?
>
>
>
> - Amy

Maybe you didn't e-mail her in her native tongue. She sounds like a Bot, IMO.

amy

this chick or whatever beast it is obviously needs a reality check. all you are doing is trying to help out and understand more about the bunny situation. ridiculous.

i would drive to prescott to meet you, you don't have to go any more out of your way than you have already offered to, which IMHO, is more than enough.

let me know what you would like to do, since this person is obviously not of sound mind, and quick to attack. probably fed up with having posted the ad for a month or so now, to no avail apparently.

tracy

I actually think she didn't speak to the wilderbeast in her native toungue, which happens to be inbred gibberish...

I need some Starbucks..

Zin

well i just emailed her as well, and didnt mention anything about amy or the forum. lets see what response i get back.

this is what i wrote:

hello!!

my name is tracy, and i am writing to you about a posting for your rabbit on CL! do you know what breed she is? she is absolutely darling.

i am interested in adopting her. i do live in scottsdale, but i would be willing to travel, it's not a problem. just wondering, why are you rehoming her? she's soo cute! also, where did you first adopt her from? sorry about all the questions here, but i consider myself relatively bunny savvy (as i have a neutered male holland lop/mini lop mix at home) and just would like to know her background before i adopt and commit.

thanks so much for your time and response in advance!

tracy

Latest posts

Back