Fraggles vet visit. She needs to be spayed.....AGAIN!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah thats really awful. Maybe after she'll share her Cleopatra chair with you though?

Are you going to try to recoup money from the original vet?

:shame that first vet should pay for Fraggles next sugery PLUS extra compensation for putting her through all that.

Poor Fraggles! I can't believe a vet could miss an entire ovary. Wonder how many more botches he has out there? I do have to say, though, that seeing pictures of a rabbit humping a cat would be funny as heck. LOL

I have no clue how many botched spays he has done :(
However if you look threw my topics on my profile you will find one that is titled something like "I don't know how many times I have to say it" or something along those lines. In that thread is the um.......photo you seek :)

I've been trying to post here for days. Stupid computer!

It may not have been a botched spay. Many vets are looking at partial spays as an alternative for various health reasons. It's debated in cats and dogs, and I personally don't think there has been enough research (as always) for rabbits on this, but even some experts are considering it.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Rabbits-703/2010/5/Spayed-bunny-acting-fearful.htm

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Rabbits-703/2011/12/habit-ears.htm

http://www.binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/110354/Default.aspx

sas :expressionless:

I actually already asked Dr.Sperlich if its possible that its not a mistake and was done on purpose. She said because of the fact that there is not a lot of connective tissue left to really anchor it to were its supposed to be then its highly unlikely. She says there is only enough tissue remaining to keep a blood supply thus keeping the ovary alive. But that could change at anytime and the ovary could die and then she would die of infections. She really believes this was a mistake plus the papers that we still have on her spay say "full hysteractomy". Our new vet says that it would also include both ovaries.

Oh my, I am so sorry you and Fraggles had to go through this! Poor little lady. I am glad you have found a new vet that seems very knowledgeable. I am sure she will do just fine :) lots of bunny kisses for Fraggles :bunnieskiss

Very unlikely, but I don't think impossible. I would think it could happen that instead of conjoined twins, only another ovary was formed, sort of like the 2-headed animals we hear of. Or maybe like the rare person with an extra finger or toe. While at a dentist I overheard 2 hygienists talking about a woman who had an extra set of teeth.

I got a question, so if poor Fraggles was left with one ovary dosn't this mean if you had gotten a male introduced she could have had a litter?

I think you should ask the original vet questions, did they tell you it was only a partial spay?

is there any chance of you seeing her vet records?
hope all goes well for poor Fraggles. :pray:

BertNErnie wrote:
I got a question, so if poor Fraggles was left with one ovary dosn't this mean if you had gotten a male introduced she could have had a litter?

I think you should ask the original vet questions, did they tell you it was only a partial spay?

is there any chance of you seeing her vet records?
hope all goes well for poor Fraggles. :pray:

Yeah, that's a good point. with our vet on their website their a way to ask to get your pets records, or you can just call. It might be helpful to look back and see..

I'm doubting that she could have a litter, as I'm guess they took the uterus..?

Back