Fraggles vet visit. She needs to be spayed.....AGAIN!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all :)

So as a lot of you know Fraggles visited the vet today. This is not her normal vet we took her to a very well recommended vet this time. After talking with another forum member for some time now she had this CRAZY idea that Fraggles is hormonial. Because of the humping,circling ect so I started to do some research on "botched spay" and "partial spay" and to my horror it does happen! So we decided to take her in for a blood draw to test for hormones and guess what!!! HORMONES!!!:X

So after the blood work the new vet did a belly ultrasound and guess what!!!

She has one OVARY!!!!! :X:grumpy::X:grumpy::X:grumpy::X:grumpy::shock::shock::shock::shock:

OMG!!! I am horrified and that is why she acts the way she does! So guess who has A: A new vet and B: Her second spay surgery on the 18th......

I am so not happy!

I've heard stories like this before. Quite unnerving that a vet can completely MISS an organ.

Who gave you the second opinion? Buttercup's overall behavior has not calmed much after her spay, so I may consider a second opinion as well. I live in Kirkland so may be able to go to your vet if they're as good as you say :)

Anyways, good luck Fraggles! Sad that she has to go through this again :(

Poor girl. I knew her humping wasn't normal. I hope her surgery goes okay for the second time. My bunny gets neutered on the 19th so I wish a fast recovery for both of our buns. Glad you have a new vet too I've heard of partial spays. working at a vet clinic for 5 years I've never seen it but knew it could happen. Sorry to hear

To answer Trina's question
Browns point Vet
Dr. Sperlich
6720 E Side Dr NE Ste 4
Tacoma, WA 98422

(253) 927-1323

She is wonderful!!!
Thank you Trina and Sarah. This is just too unnerving! The scary thing is that the vet that did Fraggles original surgery does all the spays and neuteres for the humane societys exotics!

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Hi all :)

So as a lot of you know Fraggles visited the vet today. This is not her normal vet we took her to a very well recommended vet this time. After talking with another forum member for some time now she had this CRAZY idea that Fraggles is hormonial. Because of the humping,circling ect so I started to do some research on "botched spay" and "partial spay" and to my horror it does happen! So we decided to take her in for a blood draw to test for hormones and guess what!!! HORMONES!!!:X

So after the blood work the new vet did a belly ultrasound and guess what!!!

She has one OVARY!!!!! :X:grumpy::X:grumpy::X:grumpy::X:grumpy::shock::shock::shock::shock:

OMG!!! I am horrified and that is why she acts the way she does! So guess who has A: A new vet and B: Her second spay surgery on the 18th......

I am so not happy!
:shock:How long have you had her?

Oh poor you and poor Fraggles!

I'm very curious to see what her demeanour is after the spay!

:pray:

Jj

You should contact the vet who did the original surgery. They did not preform it correctly which has lead you to needing to get it done again. They should offer some kind of compensation (hopefully enough to cover the cost of the 2nd surgery). It may also be good to contact some veterinary boards with this as it could happen again and would be an issue if the same vet keep doing spays wrong. Like if the vet is a member of the state Vet board and an exotic vet group, then contact any and all of them. If the vet works for the humane society, then you would need to contact them as well. If this has been an ongoing issue, other animals could be affected.

Aww poor poor Fragles that she has to go through surgery *again*. Praying all goes well!

Wow!! How weird. How exactly does one miss an ovary?! Poor Frags, she must be so confused!

Mostly I'm just shocked... But it certainly does make sense considering her behaviour ;)

On the bright side, after her spay maybe she'll stop the humping and you'll finally be able to consider getting that cat Jason has always wanted :)

That is crazy!!! How can a vet miss an ovary?? That vet obviously did not check behind his work. I would be calling them and telling them they will be paying for this surgery. Poor Fraggles :(

Ya the vet is getting a visit tomorrow. We payed $250 for the first surgery and its going to be close to $300 for the second. We are very upset and will be contacting the humane society and vet boards as well with our new vets findings.

Oh poor Fraggles :(

How could he miss an overy? It's attached to what he took out! That is crazy and he should pay for the new surgery at least. Hopefully since they only need to remove an overy the incision might be able to be a little smaller.

Now I feel bad about all the humping jokes and thinking it was funny :(

Dr.Sperlich made it very clear to us that humping and obsessive circling are not at all normal behaviors for a spayed doe. Hopefully the surgery will be smooth and on the bright side she is going to get metacam. :)

Poor Fraggles, she's been trying to tell us something wasn't right! I would definately give that first vet an ear full! If he's any kind of doctor he should refund All of your money. I wonder how many others this may have happened to? If he's the humane society doctor, who would be checking, certainly not the workers there and any adopting pet parents probably wouldn't know any different either. That is a huge mistake!

Oh wow! I read your thread the other day and thought she sounded like she was unaltered and marking things (Lady does the same, and she STINKS), but then thought she was spayed. I've never heard of a botched spay!

Wow poor Fraggles! I never knew that there could be partial spays. Then again I've mostly have had boy animals.

Well I hope everything goes smoothly.

Latest posts

Back