Found - Stray Shih Tzu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz_1987

Reaction score
Yesterday morning at 5:30 am my dad was drivinghome and found a stray dog outside our house. It was so weakit stumbled down the curb.

He picked it up and bought it home. We have called the policeand no one has claimed they have lost a shih tzu dog. So weare keeping it until the owner comes forth.

But to be honest it looks like it was dumped. Its so skinnyand matted. Its also really old and has some sort ofcataracts in its eyes - So I think the owner got rid of it because ofthe vet bills.

We took it to see the nurse at the vets and it isnt micro chipped - Im taking it to the vets tomorow for an examination.

Its the cutest thing on earth! I dont know how any body could just dump it, if they have.

Ive put an advert in our local post office, and have looked on all thelost dog websites but none fit its description.

Its nameless so its just called Doggy at the moment! lol.

But if anybodyknows someone who haslost a Shih Tzu Bitch in Bedfordshire, then I have it! lol

I dont know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Thankz,

Lindsay

Do you have a local shelter / pound? Iknow here, legally you are supposed to take them to the shelter, thoughnot everyone does.

I did take it to a boarding kennels/shelter onSaturday afternoon, where I did my work experience for amonth. But we did change our mind as it was better for it tobe somewhere comfortable, other than a kennel until its owner comesforth. Ive phoned up the police and there is no dog in theirbooks like it. Shes going to the vets today at 3:40

Aparently at the shelter I took it at, if the owner doesnt turn upafter a week they can re-home it. So we thought we may aswelllook after it until then, and if the owner doesnt show up we arewilling to keep it anyway.

But the vets is later, so we will have to see what they say we should do with it.

Thankz for your help.

She is very perky today and been in the garden a few times and she loves it out there. :)

Well I took it to the vets monday afternoon, andthe vet wasnt pleased with the condition it was in anyway. Hegave me some special food to feed it so it can build some more weighton.

But... monday evening the owners rang up and claimed herback. Aparently it was missing for a few hours when we foundit, which shows they cant be looking after it very wellanyway. I had no choice but to give it back tothem. Theres not alot you can do :(

I would ring up the RSPCA straight away, but if I did they will know itwas me who claimed it was being mis-treated. Thats the onlything that is stopping me from doing so.

I probably would've lied and said someone elsehad already claimed the dog, and then kept the dog for myself knowingthe condition it was in.

Not to say you didn't do the right thing! I believe in being honest,and it was the honest thing to do to give the dog back to its rightfulowner. But given the condition of the dog and the fact it had only beenmissing a few hours, I would've made a lying exception. ;)

Latest posts

Back