Found my guys' new favourite toy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
I was picking blackberry leaves for my guys, and there was a really thick stalk. I've read all parts of the bush are safe, so I decided I would snip off the stalk, dethorn it and see if the bunnies might want to nibble on it. They loved it! Man oh man! As soon as I give it to Georgie, he began to gnaw at it andmunch away! Must taste good!

So great new chew toy for my guys, right in my backyard! :D Our neighbours blackberry problem seems to have started to crawl into our yard.. so at least I can make use out of pruning these annoying evil things!

I've been making sure everything I give them is dethorned.. but is that necessary? Probably more of a worry from me about the thorns since I've read about people giving it to them whole (leaves, stems, thorns and all). But I feel better just dethorning everything to make sure no one gets a hurt mouth!

That's great that they love it so much. I wouldn't think dethorning is necessary.. it's possible for them to get poked, but with the way they chew with such tiny nibbles, I don't think there's much chance of them injuring their mouth.. but I don't have any personal experience with it.

Back