found blood all over bunnies cage and on her face!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my 5 month old dutch Dot is her name just gave birth to seven helthy babies 13days ago. Today when i came home from school i found her with blood on her cage bars-like she had sneezed blood or something. it was all over her face too! she seemed ok and the babies were fine too, Dot had an abesess on her nose during the summer but it's nothing but a scab now. I don't think that's what caused the blood though because it semmed untouched! ah will she be ok>what should i do!?

Oh! So you mean there is new blood? Can you take her to a vet? Sorry I thought maybe you had another doe give birth - I didn't read your post properly.

i don't know about the vet thing, i would love too but my mom thinks it's a waste of money and time-she thinks that you could just buy a new bunny for that kind of money- she doesn't get it!

Are the babies all ok? You'll need to pick up the doe and check her over. Inspect the vent area and check all her toenails to see if she pulled one out. Look for any other evidence of injury - also check her mouth for cuts.

Pam

i think the problem may be coming from her nose the babies are fine and no sign of any lost noe nails or cuts on her mouth

Can you get a close look at her nose to see ifits cut? What type of climate do you live in? Doesshe appear stressed in any way?

Pam

i live in ontario canada- but she's indoors. she could be stressed from being indoors away from her soul mate sisters outside. she's never been separated from them

Well in getting and breeding rabbits it's really your responsibility to make sure you had money set aside for vet care,not your moms.

Can you offer to do some jobs around the house for her to earn some money to take your rabbit to the vet?

Oh my - I sure hope she will be ok.Maybe you can explain to you r mom that it is a living being that needs treatment - the same way she would go to a doctor if she were hurt....how frustrating for you

What will happen with the 7 babies if your mom doesn't want to spend money to care for the one?

The 7 babys are all being sold when they are old enogh..i know emma will do the right thing...i talked to you yesterday at school no more news on Dot!

Latest posts

Back