Found a kitten! (Graphic picture)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandoliver

Reaction score
Poor kitten. :( Found him/her in the Dunkin Donuts parking lot on Grant Ave. ♥ But I rescued him/her and brought it home to be doctored until we can get it to a vet on Monday. I don't know of any emergency vets around here... He/she is eating, drinking, and pooing fine.. My dad put antibiotic cream on its head and has been cleaning it trying to keep it cleaned.. And it was under someones car. Two guys helped me catch him/her. I thanked them, glad someone decided to help. :)

2ef6hae.jpg

Oh, that's horrible. :tears2: I hope it's okay, that looks really bad... People are just sick. Do you have any idea what might have happened to it? I can't imagine how painful that must be...

Oh God that looks terrible, poor kitty. I hope he can make it through till Monday it must be in excruciating pain. Maybe just look up vets in your area and ring a bunch, or contact an animal shelter to see if they can help?

Its really not too bad right now. Cleaned up and put antibiotic cream on it and bandaged it up. He's eating, drinking, and pooing/peeing. So for now until morning he is okay. We will prolly call vets tomorrow.

Oh my.. that poor kitten! I just... I saw the graphic picture warning but could never be prepared for something as awful as that.

No one saw what happened to the poor thing? It almost looks like a really cleanly cut injury, like someone cut that into the poor thing's head or something... Who knows with people these days...

I am wondering though, how would that even heal? D: It looks like all the skin and flesh is gone in that entire area... This is so sad.

Please keep us updated! Hoping for the best for this little fighter!

Not my thread but thank you Katie. While the picture still shocked me, I can't imagine not knowing there was a graphic picture before I clicked the link.

Poor baby! I sure hope he makes it until you can find a vet. I'm glad you were able to catch him and he is not too scared/aggressive from being injured. One of my cats came home years ago with a much smaller hole on his head from a fight. If I remember correctly, I was instructed to use a white wash cloth and do hot compresses once or twice a day and to put neosporin on it. The goal was to keep it clean but not let it scab over. Good luck and please keep us posted!

Yield wrote:
Oh my.. that poor kitten! I just... I saw the graphic picture warning but could never be prepared for something as awful as that.

No one saw what happened to the poor thing? It almost looks like a really cleanly cut injury, like someone cut that into the poor thing's head or something... Who knows with people these days...

I am wondering though, how would that even heal? D: It looks like all the skin and flesh is gone in that entire area... This is so sad.

Please keep us updated! Hoping for the best for this little fighter!

That's what I was thinking too. If a human had an injury like that, they'd probably have to get skin grafts.

Yeah, sorry for not putting Graphic in the title. I'm so use to stuff like this I didn't even think about it. Its a boy and he's doing good. Called our vet and told us to keep cleaning it off with warm damp towels and putting neosporin on it couple times a day and were bringing him to the vet tomorrow. He's doing a lot better though in general. Up and moving around and he loves to cuddle. Eating and drinking plenty and pooing and peeing regularly. So tomorrow as soon as the vet opens im meeting my dad there with him. Complete sweetheart he is. Yet again so sorry for not putting graphic picture warning and thank you for changing it!

I am wondering if kitty was up in a car engine and got hit by the fan? I have seen similar injuries when I worked an animal ER. The clean cut and uniform edges is what makes me think that. Are his feet burned by any chance? That would give you basically proof it was a car, but without doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't. People can be horrible, but this may not have been intentional.

Poor kitty, he is very lucky you found him and was able to help! Let us know how the vet goes today.

Latest posts

Back