Fostering bunnies, starting with Groucho!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GingerKid

Reaction score
I decided I should start a blog about Groucho and our adventure together. It is going to be a short adventure, since I am only fostering him for at least two weeks, until he gets neutered. After that, he may come back with us, find another foster home or find his forever home, but only time will tell. I picked up Groucho from the shelter on Monday, March 16th 2009 after volunteering with the rabbits at the Humane Society for a few months. I am a first time bunny owner and have a lot to learn about living with a bunny.

Groucho was living with a family until they decided that they couldn't care for him anymore and turned him into the Humane Society. At the shelter, he became very scared and frightened by all of the noise and people coming in to see the bunnies.

I had asked about fostering rabbits until "kitten season" (then my bf and I want to foster kittens) and the shelter told me that Groucho needed to get away from the shelter into a quiet home. I had met Groucho the Saturday before and he seemed really sweet but shy so I said sure!

This is the start of our adventure together. We are slowly learning about each other and my bf and I are learning how to live with a bunny in the apartment. He's a real joy to have around and a lot of fun, but very full of energy! I'll keep everyone updated on how he's doing and how we're adjusting.

And of course, some photos:
2009_03_18052copy.jpg

kristiwsu
kristiwsu
hanging out under our coffee table with some hay above

2009_03_18038.jpg

for some reason he enjoys hanging out underneath our clothes drying rack

Groucho is doing great. He's getting neutered Tuesday so then I'll begin the process of litter box training him. Anyone have any tips? He doesn't pee on the carpet but he'll drop a poop or two and he uses the linoleum in my kitchen as his poop/pee litter box. He'll pee right next to the litter box filled with wood pellets and if I move the box, he pees where the box USED to be. I want to wait until after he gets neutered to start really working with him. It should be an adventure.

Latest posts

Back