Forum Relations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many have already said...Great topic!

:DOne thing I appreciate about RO is that we do have a seperate area for breeders to hang out. It's good that even though it's open to everyone to read,most people have been respecting the fact that it's not the appropriate spot to rage against breeding, showing, etc. We need a good place to be able to talk our "Breeder-Shower" talk with each other, because if you are doing those activities...it's a big part of your life. Even many other bunny-lovers can get impatient with too much "ooo, we went to a show last week and our Flemmie won...blah, blah, blah..." - if they aren't into it too. And, having the seperate areas lets us discuss what we need to, without spending our time debating WHY we do what we do, and SHOULD we be doing it -?

:pinkbouce:I do love using our emoticons, because when we write, there is so much that people can't perceive...body language, tone of voice, hints that we are JOKING, etc. I try to use them alot so that my real message comes across.

:hug:I have made some life-long friends here, some I may never even get to meet in person.

:thanks:There have been times that my life is just too much handle, much less have time to just do fun things on the internet, like checking in on RO. When I've been gone awhile, I ALWAYS get welcomed back by some one saying "Hey, great to see you posting again! I really missed seeing you on the site!" Even people that I have just a casual acquaintance with have welcomed me back, and that means alot.

:welcome1One of the best things of all....we don't try to burn the newbies, put them in their place, make them feel like they have to "earn" the right to participate, etc. I have experienced that on other forums (which I don't visit anymore. Coincidence? I think not...). Talk about making people feel unwanted!! Rather, on RO we say: THE MORE, THE MERRIER! :biggrin2:

Great topic!

I love this forum and the people are SO helpful.
Although I have to admit i'm not very active on here because I don't know any of you too entirely well...
I'm more active on my hamster forum.

BUT I still love it here.

Yay!

I like this forum a lot as well (obviously :p). I think, in general, it is a really positive place. What impresses me the most is the diversity of people and how few problems arise becuase of it.

The problems I have seen on the forum have mostly been rabbit related, which is how I think it should be. When people are caring for their pets / breeding stock in a way that a lot of us protest to its hard not to say something. To be honest, I don't always think a little but of controversy is a bad thing. It makes everyone take a look at themselves and improve.

I just think its great that people who are older, younger, from all sorts of backgrounds and across the country can find something we all like and help each other out.

There are some cliques, but that really doesnt bother me at all. I think everyone gets their questions answered, and everyone is supported. How socially involved each person wants to be is up to them.

Also, I suppose I am on the younger side (20) of the forum. I have always felt listened to and respected by the older members.I really value the viewpoints of people who have more experience than me. So thanks guys :) I think its good that the forum takes on a fun, but mostly adult tone.

I personally don't think there are too many sections - nor is it jumbled or crowded. ;) We have enough sub-forums that are just perfect for the type of things that go on here. :)

I agree with Luluznews. Especially about the younger members. There is a place for all age groups here and the older, maybe more expierenced members have no problem listening to the younger members.

I like that we open up the forum to the new members and they feel comfortable right away. I know that many times when I have joined forums, I am scared to start posting lots, because I won't feel welcomed, but here at RO, that is something that we do, and I like it alot. I may not get into the Introductions forum very often because I have the other sub-forums I'm always looking at, and other duties to do, but I do stop in every once in a while and welcome the newbies. :)

I love RabbitsOnline and being here has helped me so much along the way through bunny ownership and breeding. Without it, I don't know where I would be, and I just have to thank all the wonderful members here who support one another along the way, even if there may be small disagreements, but like Luluznews said, a little bit of controversy is always a good thing.

Emily

Demismith wrote:
Personally I think there's something about the forum that'a bit crowded or jumbled up, maybe too many sections?

I've heard this before. Maybe it needs more separation between categories? :dunno

If you can put your finger on it, let me know. ;)

Thanks to everybody in this thread for your support.

Means a lot!

sas :bunnydance:

I love RO and find it a great stress reliever to pop in and think bunny for a while. I have met so many wonderful people that I would consider friends (and I have trouble making friends in real life, possibly because I talk about animals all the time? :?)

I also love the fact that there are all ages and situations. I love hearing all the different ways people interact with their rabbits. There's no right or wrong as long as there is love :hug2: I think that makes our group unique, that we accept rescues, breeders, indoor, outdoor, cage, free roam - as long as the buns are being cared for. I come from a rescue/indoor background, but I have learned so much from breeder friends and friends that keep their buns out doors etc. I think all the experience is valuable because circumstances can change. I would love to give my buns outside time now that I have learned how great it can be done, if I had a safer outdoor space for them to be in. Perhaps in the future I will.

Thank you to the wonderful moderators that help keep people respectful. It's a hard job sometimes with touchy subjects. It's wonderful that we can discuss so many things and the moderators help keep things from getting out of hand. It's a hard job and I appreciate your efforts. :biggrin:

I mean, considering I joined less than a month ago and already haveover 150 posts... I'd say I like it here.

I've been a bit of a nerd my whole life, and so have perused the internet pretty thoroughly. I know from experience that the majority of forums are very rude and unhelpful, and there are a lot of "trolls" (for those of you who don't know a "troll" is someone who is intentionally unhelpful and disruptive. They aim to upset). This forum is so the opposite... It's very friendly and for the MOST part there are very few arguments/scuffles. It's really refreshing to come to something like this instead of... well, let's just say less amicable places.

I too love that there are all kinds of ages and all kinds of people. It's just kind of neat to me that the little fluffy buggers bring us all together in such a unique way.

Yay smileys! Since there isn't a sarcasm font or a joking font, they come in handy. I'm new here, but I feel welcomed... I also happened to run into a few people I knew on forums from long ago and one I hadn't talked to in a while so yay for finding old online buddies :D

I just don't know if we should be called "Rabbits Online".. "Rabbits Anonymous" is more like it :p

:D I love it here, and I am definitely a refugee from another forum/site. I am so happy to be here, I find it fun, funny, and refreshing. GREAT JOB RO FOLKS!!!!!!:inlove:

LaylaLop wrote:
Yay smileys! Since there isn't a sarcasm font or a joking font, they come in handy. I'm new here, but I feel welcomed... I also happened to run into a few people I knew on forums from long ago and one I hadn't talked to in a while so yay for finding old online buddies :D

I just don't know if we should be called "Rabbits Online".. "Rabbits Anonymous" is more like it :p

This is very true! Kim and I were on a forum together... What, 6 years ago?? And she joined up here and PM'd me... Funnily enough around the same time I was getting back into the swing of things here after a hiatus. It was really awesome!

It's kind of funny because I went through a bunch of old PMs from when I was super active, and man, I miss those days!! I always had a running conversation with someone, and a few I even became friends with outside of the forum.

Cait, when did you get another bunny? Who is this Hugh? I'll bet he's adorable! In any case I'm glad you're back and you'd better stick around this time, under penalty of Kerensa seeking you out and glaring at you severely.

In all seriousness, though, I think this is a friendly forum. Over and over I've heard people mention cliques. Maybe I'm just oblivious but as of tomorrow I will have been a member of the forum 4 years and I can't really think of any cliques. Maybe we're calling it different things? To me, "clique" has a pretty negative association and I don't think a group of online bunny friends necessarily qualifies as a clique. People who have been on the forum for years are bound to form friendships and know each other better than newcomers to the forum, but from what I've seen, these people are also friendly to new members.

I'm kind of weird. Been here a while but I just kind of float around on the forum and do my own thing. There are a few people that I talk to more but I'm pretty much a loner. Not by choice per se, it's just my personality I guess. That being said, I feel that this is a loving and supportive community and I definitely feel accepted by the people in this forum!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Cait, when did you get another bunny? Who is this Hugh? I'll bet he's adorable! In any case I'm glad you're back and you'd better stick around this time, under penalty of Kerensa seeking you out and glaring at you severely.
LMAO where have you been?? There's even pics of him up on Facebook silly! LOL!

And I will, I will... Workkeeps me busy as a bee but I'm doing alright keeping up haha! :D Can't have no Kerensaglares!!!

See, this forumis awesome.:p

I agree, Snowy. Clique really does have a negative connotation to it. It is what you make of it... I don't really see it either.

I think we all have the couple handful of RO members we like to "follow" and read what they say. It is natural to just feel closer to certain members because of their writing style or their environment, maybe their bunny situation, age, region, any number of things.

But no matter what we call it, what we aim to maintain here is a level of respect to people both "in" the circle and outside of the circle. RO wouldn't work if everybody didn't help each other and post in threads.

I love it here too. I've spent too much time away.:coolness:

I'm pretty much just a loner on here and lurk around :p I haven't really got any friends that I talk to regularly on RO, probably due to the fact I can't really relate to most of the members being from a different place and being younger then most. Doesn't bother me though, I have a few members that I like to keep updated with through their blogs.

Latest posts

Back