Forgotten litter training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porpy

Reaction score
Hi, I've gota problem. Tiggerwas excellent with littertraining from the first day. For the last week she's taken to peeing randomly on the floor and not in her trays. I've moved trays to the new peeing locations and she just goes somewhere else. Its especially concerning as she's a free range house bunny. I havent changed any thing with the trays they're cleaned as regularily as ever so its not like its too dirty or too clean. The other thing she's doing is when I'm in the kitchen she runs round and round my feet like crazy. She doesnt do this in other ares of the house so maybe its just hoping for food. Or could they both be indicating that she's growing up and i need to be thinking about spaying? How old should they be for that?

Sorry for rambling on!

OK this is ridiculous!! She's jumping off and on the sofa licking me and she's pooped all over the sofa and my legs - I didnt notice her doing it!! How do I deal with this?

How old is? Is she spayed?

When we got her she was 8-10 weeks so she's about 18-20 weeks now, she's not spayed we were waiting till she was older as she was a baby when we bought her. She's been very affectionate this week lots of licking and bouncing up at me but I'm wondering if its all related.

Litter habbits can go right out the window when puberty hits. :?I would limit her area.

5-6 months is good.

Yep 5 months or so is best.

Have you found a rabbit-savvy vet? There's a lot of really good information on how to find one here

:)

Thanks, I'll have a look. I was going to wait till 6 months but if she carrys on like tonight she'll drive me mad. The foot circling is now where ever I go and every 5 mins she's jumping up to lick me.... And there's poop everywhere!!

Latest posts

Back